Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
3 registered (Hanuman, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441761 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84641 - 06/01/02 06:11 PM Re: Jehovah's Witnesses
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks mattandrew but I'm not worried. I don't think the feds could find their asses with a GPS. Our highest government leaders tell us it's a certainty America will be hit with a massive terrorist attack. Thousands,perhaps millions will die. Our leaders say the attack could come today,tomorrow or next year. But it'll come for certain,we're told. So what's our response? Lots of tear-jerking from our whacked out hippie element over losing our "rights". Well hey gawdammit we're about to die! Drop-kick the Constitution,declare Martial Law and do whatever's necessary to protect America. In this game there's no rules. It's live or die. Kill or be killed.
Put me in charge and I'll have America's enemies kissing the flag and thanking me for the gawdamn opportunity!

#84642 - 06/01/02 08:50 PM Re: Jehovah's Witnesses
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Squidgy
I dont know much about your religion but the major problem in the US and here in the UK is the catholic church. Celibacy is an abnormal state to enforce on anyone, and while it exists the priests will be subjected to all kind of emotional and hormonal pressures. The outlet of normal dating and marriage are out of the question, so whats left ? Pent up frustration that leads to distorted thinking and in the pressure cooker of the religious doctrine, that will excomunicate them for any transgression, they take the surreptitious and easy route. They target and prey on the vulnerable, the alter boys that look up to them and give them trust. The abusers are like any others, they sell the ultimate lie that the abuse is THEIR fault, it's THEIR secret, and I bet big money they say its gods will. It's a classic tale of the strong abusing the weak.
I got married in a catholic church, but I wouldn't go near one now. Pass me the gas and I'll burn them to the fucking ground !!
( and I wasn't abused by priests )
Lloydy

#84643 - 06/03/02 08:04 PM Re: Jehovah's Witnesses
Anonymous
Unregistered

Religion can be a bulwark of strength that gets us thru tough times. Or an indication of insanity. The dividing line is often hazy. All I know is at age 12 in 1958 I bent head between knees,begged God to make the incest stop. I guess God was busy elsewhere saving the Universe. It did'nt stop. I'm still pissed off!

#84644 - 06/03/02 08:48 PM Re: Jehovah's Witnesses
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Quote from Squidgy's earlier post:-
"Unlike the Catholic Church, none of the incidents mentioned involved using the religious position of authority to facilitate abuse. Much the same as any social services unit etc., can't do things without sufficient proof or evidence, neither can JW elders. In no way does this article present proof or fact sustaining that there was proof or that the elders had knowledge of this. Throughout it talks about church policy but fails to properly state what that policy is."

Squidgy, I think you miss the point. Any establishment that has a risk should take all reasonable precautions to exclude that risk.
If, as you say, the JW elders had no proof or evidence of what actually happened then they are as negligent as the director of a social services department or the headmaster of a school.
It's not rocket science to figure out that it's not right for people to be allowed into a situation where they can be left alone with children, and parents and guardians have as much or more responsibility than any organization not to let this happen. Especially wher the adult is providing a role model and may have undue influence on a child.
There's a choice to be made here, tighten up all kinds of organizations until they're watertight, or carry on as we are.
Just because the people at the top of the greasy pole dont know what's going on below them, doesn't make them innocent. Far from it, guilty and negligent. Maybe they haven't got a policy ?
Lloydy

#462148 - 03/06/14 08:29 PM Re: Jehovah's Witnesses [Re: Anonymous]
nomorevic Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
As a former Jehovah's Witness, as recently as November 2013, I WAS silenced by the organization with threat of 'judicial' action if I was to talk about my abuser who was also a Jehovah's Witness. So your options are talk and face possible excommunication or stay silent. The Watchtower Organization also has a two witness policy which is taken from scripture but the problem is there is not often a witness to child sexual abuse so if a child comes forth and the abuser denies it, the issue is dropped. Additionally, if a man was guilty of sexually abusing a child, he may qualify for leadership in the congregation after a number of years and depending on if it is public knowledge. It seems obvious to me that the Watchtower cares more about it's image than it does about protecting children. I have letters to the body of elders that verify what I say here. I once proudly considered myself 'one of Jehovah's Witnesses' in association with the Watchtower but no more, I recognize the Watchtower does not represent the God of the Bible and I will continue to speak out against this abusive organization.

Regards,
Seth Richardson

Edited by nomorevic (03/06/14 08:29 PM)

#462183 - 03/07/14 01:24 PM Re: Jehovah's Witnesses [Re: Anonymous]
David jl Offline

The sexual abuse i endured at the hands of the witness began at age 5 till age 17. I was drug and raped three times by one member. I did not know i was being drug til i woke up. No one cared no one believed me. I lost my entire family including my children. Too upset to type more. Just insane what i went through and for the length of time.

#462256 - 03/09/14 03:04 AM Re: Jehovah's Witnesses [Re: Anonymous]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Hey they should come over here to the UK where there is no mandatory reporting, oh fuck they already have!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.