Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
5 registered (gettingstronger, lapchinj, Suwanee, 2 invisible), 30 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63170 Topics
441728 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84622 - 10/24/06 07:17 PM Parents Upset With Judge's Sentence For Sex Offender
Cerritus Offline

Loc: Ohio
This is the kind of crap that pisses me off a Judge thinks it is ok to let the man free because of his age. He was violating his restrictions placed upon him and the Judge who I think need his ass yanked off the bench thinks he is ok because of he is old and in poor health.

Josh

Link to story:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/10144072/detail.html?subid=10100221#

NEWPORT, Ky. -- A Tri-State sex offender is getting a second chance and that has some parents upset.

They say Clellon Howard, 84, should be back in jail.

He was released from prison in 1999 after serving a sentence for sex crimes.

Recently, police said they caught Howard taking pictures of Peewee football cheerleaders at Newport High School and found him living within 1,000 feet of a school.

The violations could have put Howard back behind bars for another year.

But District Judge Greg Popovich gave Howard probation and 20 days to move.

"It's insane. At the very least, if not jail, force him to wear an ankle bracelet so you know where he's going," Dan Ryan said. Ryan’s 11-year-old daughter was one of the cheerleaders.

Popovich said he based his decision on Howard’s age and poor health. He said Howard can barely walk.

"He’s not going to chase anyone and catch them. That doesn't mean he's completely safe, but it does give me some comfort," Popovich said.

News 5's Tom Sussi said that when he visited the home Howard was living in, Howard's niece said that he had already moved out.

#84623 - 10/24/06 09:16 PM Re: Parents Upset With Judge's Sentence For Sex Offender
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Josh,

sometimes judges seem to make wrong or misguided decisions, but at the end of the day, we are not in the Court, and we do not know what really went on.

We cannot be our own judges, if we were, then we would live in a World full of revenge.
Let the judges judge, not the public.

The ultimate judge is his maker, and I guess he hasnt got long before he will meet him.
Let him decide, but hey, he is 84, and it is a strength not a weakness for even us to forgive.

ste

#84624 - 10/25/06 05:31 AM Re: Parents Upset With Judge's Sentence For Sex Offender
Cerritus Offline

Loc: Ohio
Very true I am just upset at the judge because he basicly did not hing to the guy who was in my opinion stalking for a lack of better terms young children in this case taking photos of peewee football cheerleaders. I played peewee footbal and that is like 4th 5th graders. I think that the judge should not dismiss him as a threat simply because of his age or his health conditions.

Josh

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.