Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84597 - 10/19/06 09:54 PM Foley Priest admits "relationship"
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
FULL STORY
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15329373/

"The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported described several encounters that he said Foley might perceive as sexually inappropriate. They include massaging Foley while the boy was naked, skinny-dipping together at a secluded lake in Lake Worth and being nude in the same room on overnight trips.

The paper reported Rev. Anthony Mercieca said there was one night when he was in a drug-induced stupor and there was an incident but he couldn't clearly remember, the newspaper reported."

Might percieve as inappropriate? Even though it doesn't excuse Foley's actions, I'm convinced that he was molested.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#84598 - 10/19/06 10:12 PM Re: Foley Priest admits "relationship"
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
This story has a discussion link, by the way, and that discussion is now up to 46 pages. Everything I saw was very negative about Foley.

On the story itself, here's a bit more:

Quote:
Mercieca, 72, said he and Foley became fast friends when he moved there from Brazil and "loved each other like brothers."
Like brothers? Let's see. Like a good big brother who wants the best for his little bro and makes his safety and welfare his priority? Or like a perp who abuses his kid brother because getting off himself is more important than the needs or feelings of a child?

Here's the answer:

Quote:
Mercieca said he taught Foley "some wrong things" related to sex, though he wouldn't specify what he meant, the newspaper said.
And what exactly should be done about that? The perp priest, Father Mercieca says:

Quote:
Let bygones be bygones.
Does this sound familiar? Does this priest know anyone who writes crap pop songs about how everyone's gone to the moon?

Anyway, yes, Foley was abused. But that does that excuse what he himself has done. Absolutely not.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.