Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (JHNebraska, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447796 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#84563 - 10/17/06 12:34 AM Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
The convicted sex offender watched children in a playground in Dublin as he told of the years of abuse he inflicted on innocent young people while serving as a priest in America.

O’Grady has admitted to molesting as many as 25 children while a parish priest in California. He served seven years in jail for molesting two brothers.

The 60-year-old was deported to Ireland in 2001 on condition that he abide by strict child abuse prevention measures. However, while he is on the sex offender’s register here, his exact location is not known.

The documentary, produced by Amy Berg, which will be released in the US on Friday, describes O’Grady as the “most notorious paedophile in the history of the modern Catholic Church”.

According to the filmmakers, his victims ranged from a nine-month-old infant to the mother of another adolescent victim.

O’Grady, a Limerick native, moved to the US in 1971 and from there the 20 years of abuse began.

He has claimed that he himself was molested as a 12-year-old altar boy by a local priest.

The former priest describes the documentary as “the most honest confession of my life”.

The filmmakers have described O’Grady’s demeanour during filming as “without remorse or self reflection”.

Now O’Grady is in the mid-west of Ireland and he is still very much a danger if his words are anything to go by.

“People ask ‘do you feel aroused when you see children in their underwear?’ and I say ‘yeah’,” he tells the camera while walking through a playground.

The 60-year-old’s frank confessions are the subject of an award winning documentary Deliver Us from Evil. The footage is interspersed with evidence from O’Grady’s victims.

One young woman describes what he did to her. “My last memory of Father is severe pain before I blacked out,” said Nancy Sloan.

Bob Jyono, father of Ann Jyono, recalls asking his child whether the priest had touched her as a girl. “She said ‘yes’ and the whole world collapsed.”

While the film vividly exposes the actions of the former priest, it is also the Catholic Church hierarchy which comes under fire.

It shows evidence from the deposition of a Cardinal Roger Mahoney, who is alleged to have masked O’Grady’s actions by moving him from diocese to diocese.

“He had sexual urges towards nine year olds. Is that cause to have him removed from ministry?” Cardinal Mahoney was asked. He replied: “No.”

The cardinal refused to take part in Ms Berg’s documentary and the Los Angeles Archdiocese has described the film as an “obvious anti-church hit piece”. web page

#84564 - 10/23/06 04:00 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Angry Wife Offline

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale Florida
If you go to http://www.myspace.com/pastorangeltoro you will see a clip of Deliver us from Evil. It is the top video on myspace. This clip is on O'Grady.

#84565 - 10/23/06 05:21 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Angry Wife for sharing that link

JC

#84566 - 10/23/06 09:28 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Anti truth is all anybody needs

#84567 - 10/23/06 11:37 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Cerritus Offline

Loc: Ohio
Will some people ever realize this is not about the church it is about sick and perverted bastards harming innocent children and the responsibility of the church to protect those children rather then cover their own ass because they are scared of a scandal. I it is no wonder I have lost my faith in the midst of all of my memories coming back. My abuse was not by a priest but my family was very "religious" and hide the fact that they was abusing me by being the good lil christian family. Stuff like this makes me sick when will people open their eyes and see the true evil going on around them and not just what they want to see because the truth will rock the foundations of this world.

Josh

#84568 - 10/23/06 04:10 PM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Josh,

My b/f's family pulled the same crap. They presented themselves and their children as good church going people; my b/f was even head alter boy yet all the while, he was at the mercey of their evil. The man has no faith at all 'cause no one helped, not even when he asked.

ROCK ON....Trish

#84569 - 10/24/06 02:00 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Cerritus Offline

That is my biggest issue with god is where was he when I was being abused and why would he want to help me with all the junk now. I really would like to have faith but I have trouble believing in a god that leaves his so-called children hanging out to be abused.

Josh

#84570 - 10/24/06 05:13 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Josh,

God recieves all the credit but none of the blame. I understand your anger and confusion all too well.

Recovery is Possible,

Brian

#84571 - 10/24/06 10:59 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Josh,

where is God when kids are starving or bombed or whatever else, where is he when men are evil?
He walks beside you, otherwise you would not be here.

Dont confuse God, with what man, who has free will, chooses to do.
You have to grow from past situations, and just make the world a better place,

ste

#84572 - 10/25/06 04:49 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
God is not the problem Humans are.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#84573 - 10/25/06 05:10 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Cerritus Offline

I am not saying God is the problem but he does not seem to be helping out a whole lot either. I was abused from an infant on and he made no way out of the abusive situation for me. I was told God was all powerful and was a loving caring God and I do not understand that from the point of a survivor whose abusers used the church as a mask and God did not do anything to stop them to save me.

Josh

#84574 - 10/25/06 05:37 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

arggh here we go again lol, if frewill determines everything then the god that people worship has no power whatsoever in this world .it cant be both ways ,its either man with his freewill or its god who does nothing .either way god is not helping ,yes im still here but what did god have to do with that? god didnt pull me out of that closet ,god didnt make me strong enough to survive what should have killed me ,god didnt strike my abuser dead ,god didnt save me ,i just refused to die ,and i dont give god credit that belongs to kids who just refuse to die . if god is the reason i survived then why the hell did he let that animal torture me for months before he alomst let him beat me to death ,was that part of gods plan ,did he plan for my cousin to think i was dead and dump my body on a deserted road .was god beside me in that dirty ditch where i was found ? maybe god did keep me alive but he sure could have saved me a world of pain if he showed up sooner

#84575 - 10/25/06 05:44 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Cerritus Offline

Adam I agree with you man! I wonder if God is simply a deadbeat dad in the whole caring for his so-called children or Does he just not give a damn. I have alot of issues with God and faith and I am trying to work through them and I admire those of you who have a strong faith. But the one person I had to have faith in was myself because I was the one that got through those dark times I was the one that hid in my closet so they could not find me I was the one who survived by being to damn stubbron to lay down and die and I was the one who made the choice to break the cycle of abuse! I was the one who stood up and said i will not be like my father and that I am not going to allow the abuse to pass on to me. I stood the ground and if God was there he was awfuly damn quiet.

Josh

#84576 - 10/25/06 05:49 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i will admit i feel guilty for the way i feel about god but that dont change the way i feel . also god can be anyone that holds the power of life or death over you for me my abuser was god because he could end my life anytime he wanted to and he demanded the same kind of devotion from me that religion demands from those who believe . truth is josh ,we were amazing kids ,period thats why we survived .the kids who refused to be beaten are the ones that deserve the credit for us still being here.

#84577 - 10/25/06 05:52 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Cerritus Offline

I was just simply to stubbron to allow them to win no matter what I repressed my memories for years and am not 100% sure what all happened but I am working on my recovery because I am still to damn stubbron to let them win.

Josh

#84578 - 10/25/06 08:42 AM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK,

Quote:
truth is josh ,we were amazing kids ,period thats why we survived .the kids who refused to be beaten are the ones that deserve the credit for us still being here.
Who did give you the will to survive?
God gave you a set of tools that most ppl never get to use, called a survival kit.

The will to survive is massive, and it got you through and made you a better man.
The ones who hurt children will have to meet their maker, then its their turn,

ste

#84579 - 10/25/06 03:39 PM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
Cerritus Offline

Ste,

I do not want to get into a huge religious debate because that will get no one anywhere but at a stalemate. I know I have lost my faith and I am working at regaining it but no matter what people have said and I have talked to a dozen pastors, several church elders and many different people in the christian community and I always get the same answer that God was there and they say the same things you have said but I have trouble believing God was there when I was being abused for over 16 yrs of my life. That is my own personal belief that has come out of the effects of my abuse. I have lost my faith because of what was done and I am not blaming God for what my abusers done I am blaming God for not making a way out. I am not able to currently work I have anxiety, depression and PTSD. I disassociate and detach from the world around me when things become to stressful or hurt to much and I know that is not a healthy way to live my life and I am making the changes to heal and recover. I have not had poof your all better miracle from God. I do believe there is a God. I just am not on real good terms wit him right now and I think HE owe me an explanation for things.

Josh

#84580 - 10/25/06 05:23 PM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

i think we totaly highjacked this post sorry,just want to say while the things that people tell us about god ,like ste ,are to me hard to understand ,but i think i do understand that they talk to us about god ,to try to help us and thats cool,i might not agree with whats said but i appreciate the desire to help thats behind it,if i had something that was good for me ,like faith i would want to share it with others also .so while we might not see eye to eye on this thanks for trying to help cause i know it seems like i dont wanna believe in god ,but really i probably want that more than most people. but i need answers ,real answers i cant just take it on faith .

#84581 - 10/25/06 05:40 PM Re: Paedophile is 'pure evil' and still free
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Josh,

I was a little younger than you when I accepted that God was with me, and I made great progress at that time.
I am not going to say to you how to think, I know how hard the road can be.

It is just that I spent a lot of time meditating and stuff to keep my mind off things, and letting some of the worst things seem lighter than the load of past.

Taling stuff out is a good way forward, you can go in unmod forum and really let go.
I look at it like scales, and try to balance them towards good rather than hurt.

Believe me, I am not a preacher, but God has certainly been there for me, even when I did not see it, and if you told me that at your age, I might just have said the same thing,

ste

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.