Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (lapchinj, 5 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63592 Topics
444245 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84533 - 10/12/06 03:32 AM Re: Tell us something we dont know!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Actually, I bet that will be an interesting - if very triggery - report to read. A lot of things we already know, of course, but perhaps the document will encourage more vigorous government action.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#84535 - 10/12/06 12:34 PM Re: Tell us something we dont know!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dunx,

Or several schools, considering what "consultants" get paid. But if this digest of already known info can be used to encourage further funding and government action there will have been some good come out of it.

I doubt that much in the report would surprise me, but I'd still like to have a look. It's sobering, for example, to read from the news summary that a billion kids worldwide can still LEGALLY be beaten by their teachers in school.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#84536 - 10/12/06 09:21 PM Re: Tell us something we dont know!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Have you ever thought that Governments encourage child abuse?
I have never known any positive reaction to tackling this growing menace.

Each and every CSA case has been unearthed by adults coming forward, with the exception of the few kids who nail perps. But police and other services seem to wait for it to be reported.

Perps know they can get away with it, but what if it became so difficult, and kids knew a way of telling what happened without feeling intimidated by authorities.

Knowing what I know now, and having lived through the horrors of being terrified to tell, then it hurts me that nothing is done to protect kids, and give them a safe way out.

Let us face it, a kid only wants a safe way out of the grief.
That means nobody knowing who should not know.
The childs wishes should be granted.

All that anyone needs to do is listen.
Remember that word, because it is how I found my way here.
That is all it takes, someone to listen and say, hey, you are safe, and we will make sure your wishes are applied.

Even if it means the kid living with abusive parents who agree to be helped and the kid monitored then so be it, but abuse carries on because the kid cannot see life outside of the hurt of today.

Safe way OUT!

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.