Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63556 Topics
444033 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84523 - 10/09/06 10:06 AM CHARITY'S PLEA OVER PERVERTS
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
9 October 2006

THE sexual abuse of children must be tackled by a broader range of government measures, the NSPCC has urged.

In a call to "strengthen" public confidence, the charity has urged authorities to reveal how sex offenders are being monitored after release and what information is being given to the community.
Mary Marsh, the NSPCC's chief executive, added: "Most perpetrators of sex offences never come into contact with the criminal justice system so it is important that abusers are encouraged to come forward and that treatment is offered to all sex abusers, not only those who are convicted."

In annual reports due later this month, the Home Office will reveal the number of sex and violent offenders currently being monitored in England and Wales.

Quote:
Most perpetrators of sex offences never come into contact with the criminal justice system
How very true but sad is that,

ste

#84524 - 10/10/06 02:29 AM Re: CHARITY'S PLEA OVER PERVERTS
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Hmmmmm. Does it often happen that an abuser seeks professional help without having been arrested first? If he does that, is he reported and arrested? Or does he just go through a rehab program? Surely he would be arrested and prosecuted.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#84525 - 10/10/06 08:23 AM Re: CHARITY'S PLEA OVER PERVERTS
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

as they respect that abusers are seldom caught, it is high time the authorities found better ways of identifying and bringing to justice those who wreak havoc in society.

It is a fact that a lot of cases on childline are people who have abused or have feelings of doing so. At least they are making a cry for help.

I dont have the answers, but there must be ways of finding out who is behind the abuse of kids,

ste

#84526 - 10/10/06 10:00 AM Re: CHARITY'S PLEA OVER PERVERTS
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

Sure, but what I am wondering is what happens if an abuser seeks help and starts talking about kids he has abused. Does the social worker or T have to report it to the police? Is the abuser then prosecuted? And what about the victims? Do they try to identify and locate them so they can get help?

Or does this situation just not come up that often? Maybe abusers don't end up in front of a T or social worker unless they have been caught and have to go through a compulsory program.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#84527 - 10/11/06 04:34 PM Re: CHARITY'S PLEA OVER PERVERTS
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry, there are quite a number of these calls per year, I think it amounted to 30%.
Everybody has a duty to report it to the cops, even if they come forward.

Forget the victims, social services dont have a clue on how to treat victims, believe me, I have had plenty of experience in that field.

We live in a dont care society, nothing is done until you scream out for it,

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.