Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441415 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84514 - 10/06/06 02:47 AM Amish School Shoting
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
I read this on yahoo.

"The killer's widow was invited to one of the funerals Thursday, according to a Roberts family member. But it was not immediately known if she attended. Roberts was well-known around the community because his milk pickup route took him to many Amish dairy farms."

Can you admigen inviting the wife of the man who killed your child to the funeral? The love they have showed is something more could take too heart.

Here's the link too the story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061006/ap_on_re_us/amish_school_shooting_205

#84515 - 10/07/06 01:30 PM Re: Amish School Shoting
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I cut the end of this story as it was triggering.

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - One of the girls who died in Pennsylvania's Amish schoolhouse massacre asked the killer to shoot her first in an apparent bid to save younger girls, a woman who spoke to the victim's family said on Friday.

Rita Rhoads, a nurse-midwife who delivered 13-year-old Marian Fisher as well as another victim, said Fisher appealed to Charles Carl Roberts to shoot her first because she thought it might allow younger girls to survive.

Rhoads said she did not know whether Fisher in fact was shot first. Roberts shot 10 girls aged 6 to 13, killing five of them and then himself in Monday's rampage.

Fisher's 11-year-old sister, Barbie, appealed to Roberts to shoot her next, Rhoads said. Barbie survived and was in Children's Hospital of Philadelphia recovering from shoulder, hand and leg injuries.

"Barbie has been talking and she said Marian said, 'Shoot me first,'" Rhoads said. "Apparently what she was trying to do was to save the younger girls."

Barbie, who attended her sister's funeral on Thursday before returning to the hospital, gave details of her ordeal to relatives including her grandfather, who told Rhoads, the midwife told Reuters in a telephone interview.

"It was very courageous of the girls to offer themselves," Rhoads said. "God was really present to give the girls that kind of courage."

Pennsylvania state police were not immediately available for comment.

WTF

#84516 - 10/07/06 08:26 PM Re: Amish School Shoting
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
\:\(

#84517 - 10/07/06 08:32 PM Re: Amish School Shoting
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Its stuff like this that makes grown men and women cry, but why? Did it have to be that way!
The little girl did what most kids would do, I know, I did,

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.