Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
7 registered (md4e, Going forward, Banjo596, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84464 - 10/01/06 06:32 PM Re: BBC tonight about the Popes complicity
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

You know, when this guy was elected Pope, I turned to my wife and commented that he appeared to me to look like "the devil personified". Now I know why I felt that way.

Lots of indignation,

John

#84465 - 10/01/06 07:03 PM Re: BBC tonight about the Popes complicity
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
In looking at some of the other story titles on the link provided, it looks like the Daily Mail is a rag publication, a la National Inquirer to us folks here in the US. It looks like sleaze journalism to me, so I think we should all keep the source in mind before this thread descends into pointless Catholic-bashing (and, btw, I'm Baptist). Believe it or not, everything in print may not necessarily be true. Just something to ponder.

#84466 - 10/01/06 07:13 PM Re: BBC tonight about the Popes complicity
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
The Mail maybe a rag but it is Panorama who are doing the program.

They would need to have definite evidence to take on the might of the Vatican,

ste

#84467 - 10/01/06 07:14 PM Re: BBC tonight about the Popes complicity
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Eddie,

I may be wrong, but it is my understanding nearly all printed news media in the UK is of that same nature.

In regards to Catholic bashing, I've seen this report before in much more reputible publications such as the Oregonian which also published the 1962 secret document from Cardinal Ratzinger's comittee in it's entirety on their website a year or more before he was elected pope.

I guess what I'm saying here is that just because this is in the Daily Mail doesn't mean it's bogus. If you would like a copy of the document in question, I'd be happy to send it to you. It's a photocopy of the actual document that was issued to the US bishops.

Lots of love,

John

#84468 - 10/01/06 07:34 PM Re: BBC tonight about the Popes complicity
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

#84469 - 10/01/06 10:29 PM Re: BBC tonight about the Popes complicity
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is totally sick, and it made me cry, but how can they do it!
If you cannot get it, you will, and I will make it public,

ste

#84470 - 10/01/06 11:24 PM Re: BBC tonight about the Popes complicity
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
My son Mark and I just finished watching the Panorama program, and I just want to share with everyone how he reacted to it, and then some of my own remarks.

I paraphrase a bit, but something like this: "And they dare to shout about stem cells, gay marriage, family values, birth control, abortion and pre-marital sex, when they have enough pedophile priests in one bishopric to stuff a cathedral? They should shut the fuck up and clean up their own mess before they meddle in the business of the rest of us."

If you didn't see it, this one is a must guys. It shows how the rot really extends all around the world. One perp priest in Brazil even kept written notes on what type of boy to look for (poor, fatherless, lonely, unhappy) and how to snag him (guitar lessons, alter boy duties, then ask for sex in exchange for a present).

One thing positive that struck me - over and over again - was the courage of the survivors who were interviewed. Their names were used and there they were, on international TV, telling what the abusers had done to them. It was moving, to say the least.

So yes, triggering throughout, but very worthwhile.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.