Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (finallyhere, OKIE MIKE, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84403 - 05/05/02 10:34 PM RichardNYC
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
What is your opinion regarding all of these posts regarding the RC Church? Your opinion is valuable, and all of this news doesn't seem to get anybody anywhere.

WHAT NEXT?

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#84404 - 05/05/02 11:56 PM Re: RichardNYC
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
My feeling is that this section is an archive of articles related to sexual abuse of boys, and obviously recently this has mainly meant articles related to the Church scandals. I have tried not to offer opinions here, but simply to list the articles on the web site as a valuable reference for now and the future. NOMSV has been making efforts to speak to the press about these issues, and in addition we have tried to contact responsible people to offer healing retreats to victims of the priests. So far, nothing definite has come of these latter efforts, though I am still hopeful.

#84405 - 05/06/02 08:46 PM Re: RichardNYC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for the information. It's noted & logged. Looks like most of these priest-assholes got their ya ya's beginning several decades ago. Our trust in Authority went bye bye during the 60s & 70s. For good reason. I think the priests' actions reflect that era.
If it feels good,do it. Vice is nice but incest is best,right? Tune in,turn on,drop out. There's lots more going on here than meets the eye. It's about societal structure,belief systems. It says a lot that we need rules to make us do good,not evil. It begs the question what we'd do if there were no laws against adult/child sex. Is civility only an illusion? Have we lost the ability to conceptualize in an independant mannor? Are we manipulated now thru means we cannot possible understand? Who creates our reality and why,to what end?

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.