Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
5 registered (VASurvivor, journey4two, tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443284 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84390 - 09/27/06 10:51 AM Fury as judge chooses not to jail paedophile
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
THERE was a furious reaction outside the court when Norman Nichol was sentenced to three years' probation

FURIOUS parents have slammed a judge's decision to let a paedophile with a string of sex abuse convictions walk free.
They voiced their anger outside Lanark Sheriff Court as 39-year-old Norman Nichol of Glencoe Road, Carluke was given three years' probation.
Nichol was found guilty of three counts of lewd and libidinous behaviour against children earlier this month.

The Evening Times revealed how one mum was jailed after shouting out in disgust in court as he was freed to await sentence.
Parents waved placards outside court calling for justice and motorists sounded their horns in support but they were devastated when Nichol was given probation.

The mum jailed for her court outburst also voiced her anger at the sentence.
She claims Nichol abused her daughter, now 24, when she was 7, though Nichol's not guilty plea to that accusation was accepted by the Crown.
The 48-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said: "This man will have no problem relocating and making friends with families who won't know his background."
Her daughter said: "He should have been put away."
Nichol was placed on the sex offenders' register for three years and will be supervised by South Lanarkshire Council.

His victims' families have launched a campaign and want the Crown to appeal the judge's sentence as unduly lenient.
They also plan to raise a petition in the Scottish Parliament in support of tougher sentences for paedophiles and more support for parents and children going through the judicial system.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5057463.html

#84391 - 09/28/06 01:33 AM Re: Fury as judge chooses not to jail paedophile
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

I don't know anything about this case, but sentencing a guilty man to three years' probation for child abuse seems outrageous. And then one of the mothers goes to jail for her outburst against this? Just incredible.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.