Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
3 registered (YYZGIRL, 96789594, 1 invisible), 52 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63113 Topics
441363 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84317 - 09/09/06 08:14 PM Man murdered over child sex slur Triggers
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I am posting this, as it smacks of confrontation.
Why? Would this guy say these things if it were not true!

It is sad that life has to end this way, and the guy who did it, is locked in a mental unit.
Maybe he is just nuts, a psycho maybe, but it echoed on case I remember.

The case was of a 14yo boy who slashed the face of a 23yo in an unprovoked attack.
The boy had a dysfunctional family, his dad was away all the time delivering stuff.

The boy committed suicide in a young offender institution, and I think that maybe the boy had been abused and took on his attacker with force.

Confrontation can have a massive kickback on anyone who tries it, but the jury is really out on these cases.
------------------------------------------------

Paul Cooper was found in his flat with serious injuries

A man who was wrongly accused of being a paedophile was stabbed to death in a brutal and prolonged attack, Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court has heard.

Paul Cooper, 42, of Walton Road in Heywood, Greater Manchester, was found dead at his flat on 18 March.

Neil Read, 23, of Higher Lomax Lane in Heywood, was deemed unfit to plead earlier this week.

On Friday he was ordered to go to Ashworth high security hospital, where he will be held in a psychiatric unit.

He is to be held without limit of time.
There is no evidence to suggest that Paul was ever involved in any sexual offence
Det Ch Insp Jeff McMahon

Read attacked and killed Mr Cooper after becoming fixated with the idea he had been indecently assaulted by him when he was a child.

Det Ch Insp Jeff McMahon said: "Paul and Read knew each other from years earlier.

"We have never received any allegation that Paul indecently assaulted Read at any time.

"There is no evidence to suggest that Paul was ever involved in any sexual offence.

"He had never been arrested, questioned or convicted of any crime of a sexual nature.

"Neil Read had, over a prolonged period of time, persuaded a number of people in the community that Paul Cooper, and others in the area, were sex offenders. "Many of those he spoke to believed him and this misinformation hampered our investigation in its early stages."

#84318 - 09/10/06 03:47 AM Re: Man murdered over child sex slur Triggers
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
I would not vote to convict for Anything higher than manslaughter.
I put it upon the prosecution to prove accused perp was not a perp, and simple lack of evidence doesn't do that. Let's see what long term professionals think of Neil Read. I can't see him wanting to be known as a survivor other than to nail the perp. (I wouldn't if flash back episodes and anxiety attacks haddent made me non-functional).

I guess I'm biased

#84319 - 09/10/06 01:02 PM Re: Man murdered over child sex slur Triggers
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I think this case casts into sharp relief the dilemma facing lawmakers and jurists where cases of child abuse are concerned.

How can the system accommodate Paul Cooper's right to due process under the law (i.e. presumption of innocence until proven guilty) and at the same time provide Neil Read with a reasonable opportunity to prove his case against Cooper as his abuser? Cooper may in fact be a pedophile, but what if - as the police seem to believe in this case - Read's accusations are part of some other emotional problem? How was Read to prove his case if the abuse occurred years ago and, as is usually the case, there were no witnesses?

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#84321 - 09/13/06 05:18 PM Re: Man murdered over child sex slur Triggers
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I absolutely agree. The principle can't be set aside in one case, even an utterly terrible one, without compromising the principle itself.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#84322 - 09/13/06 05:18 PM Re: Man murdered over child sex slur Triggers
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Heres another one, and the story contains violence.
I wonder what the mitigation will be?

FRENZIED VIGILANTE BEAT MAN SENSELESS
Sep 13 2006

A VIGILANTE in Gowkthrapple tried to hang a man he wrongly branded a paedophile after beating him senseless.

The High Court in Glasgow heard last week that 29-year-old Alan Kinsella screamed "paedo" at his victim as he stamped, punched and kicked him.

Then as Thomas Stewart lay covered in blood and barely conscious, Kinsella dragged him to a nearby drying room and tried to strangle him with a clothes rope before attaching it to a door.

Mr Stewart suffered a fractured skull, cuts and bruises and there was swelling around his larynx and airway in keeping with his neck being constricted.

Last week, Kinsella, of Birkshaw Brae, Gowkthrapple, admitted assaulting Mr Stewart to his severe injury and danger of his life on June 13, this year.

The assault took place at a neighbouring house in Birkshaw Brae.

Kinsella went to the house armed with a screwdriver after being told Mr Stewart was there.

Alistair Kennedy, prosecuting, said: "He placed the screwdriver against Mr Stewart's cheek and said "You're f****** getting it. You're getting murdered.'

"He then repeatedly kicked and stamped on Mr Stewart's head and body.

"At one point Mr Stewart got up and tried to leave and was punched on the back of the head and then his head was hit off a wall.

"Eventually Mr Stewart was lying in the hallway face down covered in blood."

The court heard that at this point a woman in the house tried to get help for Mr Stewart.

But, Kinsella told her: "The only help he's getting out of here is in a matchbox. They'll need to put him back together."

The woman left to phone the police and Kinsella dragged Mr Stewart out of the house into the drying room.

Kinsella tightened a clothes rope round Mr Stewart's neck, attached the rope to a door and then left.

Back in his own home Kinsella said: "I've tied him up in the drying room and they'd better watch how they open the door or that bastard's gonnae hang himself. I hope he's dead."

When interviewed by police he told them: "I tried to strangle him. His hand was stopping me from getting the rope any tighter. I tied it round the handle of the door."

The court was told that Thomas Stewart is still a patient in Wishaw General Hospital but is making good progress.

Mr Kennedy added: "He suffered a fractured skull and it is likely he will be left with some degree of impairment."

The court heard that Kinsella claimed an allegation of sexual abuse had been made against Mr Stewart, but police could not trace any details of this.

Judge Lord Wheatley deferred sentence on Kinsella, who is detained in Barlinnie Prison, untill reports are prepared.

Tony Graham, defending, will give his plea in mitigation then.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.