Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, Bardo, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12386 Members
74 Forums
63655 Topics
444550 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84287 - 09/02/06 02:07 AM Just...bizzare.
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

On September 5, 1982, 12-year-old Johnny Gosch disappeared while delivering newspapers that morning in his Des Moines, Iowa, neighborhood.

Yesterday morning, almost a full 24 YEARS later, Johnny's mother Noreen opened her front door to find two photographs sitting on her porch. The photos were of young Johnny and two other unidentified boys, bound and gagged. In the photo, Johnny is wearing the clothes he was wearing the day he disappeared, indicating the photo was likely taken that day or very soon afterwards.

What does it mean? This woman has devoted the last 24 years of her life trying to find her son. He would be 36 now. And yet here are some photos of him on the day he was kidnapped. Somebody is trying to say something, but what?

Link

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#84288 - 09/02/06 06:08 AM Re: Just...bizzare.
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just a warning: if you trigger easily, do NOT do a Google search on this story. Some of the news sites carry the photos, which while not obscene are quite triggering.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#84289 - 09/02/06 06:42 PM Re: Just...bizzare.
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I looked at the Johnny Gosch website and read the entire story, and it is disturbing to say the least. I don't really know what to make of it because it all seems so incredibly bizarre. As to who left the photos, that's a very strange twist in this whole saga. There's all kinds of odd possibilities there.

And you're right about the photos - they are very emotionally disturbing. What a horrific thing this is.

#84290 - 09/02/06 08:43 PM Re: Just...bizzare.
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I never saw the photos, but the whole thing is bizarre. I read that he was forced by a pedo ring to make films and stuff, and they also turned him into the same as them.

It would have to be a twisted mind to send these pics, but they are vital evidence in this case, and the other kids involved.

It smacks of authoritarian abuse, that means, somebody is shielding them from conviction,

ste

#84291 - 09/02/06 10:17 PM Re: Just...bizzare.
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I have just trawled around to get some handle on this story, and man, bizarre isn't the word. Apparently Johnny showed up at his mother's house in 1997 to say goodbye and explain he was into some kind of crime ring he couldn't get away from.

I don't trigger easily, but a big warning here: DON'T go googling around on this one. If you come across the photos they are extremely shocking, though, as Melliferal and Eddie say, not obscene.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.