Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84257 - 08/18/06 07:35 PM Abuive Justice of the Peace!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
This is a guy who was residing over sentencing of pedophiles.
He is a pervert himself, and 'victim' of another guy blowing the whistle.

JP jailed over child abuse cases
A magistrate who abused three teenage boys has been jailed for three years.
Gerald Sidney, of Lockleaze, Bristol, abused the youngsters he met through his role as a Sea Cadets officer, Bristol Crown Court heard.

He was found guilty after a jury heard he had indecently assaulted one boy under the age of 16 and two older males between 1980 and 1997.

The 58-year-old was also told he would be placed on the sex offenders' register indefinitely.

The court heard HM Revenue and Customs officer Sidney's first offence was committed against a boy in his early teens.

Fell asleep

The victim, now 36, told how he was taken on trips to a firing range in Devizes, Wiltshire, and to Sidney's customs office in Sharpness Docks, Gloucestershire.

He told the jury how, when he about 14 years old, he was given drink at the docks and fell asleep in Sidney's office.

The man said he woke up to find Sidney touching him.

A spokesman for the Department for Constitutional Affairs said Sidney had been asked not to sit as a magistrate pending the outcome of the case.

A report on the case will now go to the Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice but it is likely Sidney will be barred from holding office as a magistrate.

Detective Constable Neal Hobbs said: "These offences leave a long-lasting effect on the victims. It has had a profound effect on all of them."

He got three years! What a joke,

ste

#84258 - 08/18/06 10:08 PM Re: Abuive Justice of the Peace!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Quote:
Sidney had been asked not to sit as a magistrate pending the outcome of the case.
"Asked"? Let's hope he's a good sport about this. After all, it's only a felony.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.