Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
7 registered (Cam76, lapchinj, 5 invisible), 57 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62495 Topics
438031 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84185 - 04/25/02 11:08 PM Jury finds him guilty in 20 minutes.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Orange County Man fathered boy with daughter, 12
===================
Jury finds him guilty in 20 minutes. He faces up to 19 years in prison for molestation.

April 25, 2002

A jury convicted an Anaheim man Wednesday of child molestation for impregnating his 12-year-old daughter last year.

Victor Ruben Martin, 29, faces up to 19 years in prison after he was convicted of molesting a child under 14 over a period of time and a penalty-enhancing allegation of inflicting great bodily injury. The latter allegation, which adds three years to Martin's possible sentence, was applied because of the pregnancy and the trauma caused by childbirth, Deputy District Attorney Randy Payne said.

"This was a very sad case," Payne said. "We often get cases of incest, but it unique to see a girl so young in this situation."

The girl did not know she was pregnant when she was rushed to UCI Medical Center in August complaining of stomach pains. She then gave birth to a healthy 5-pound, 4-ounce boy.

The girl told investigators at the hospital that Martin had been having sex with her since she was 11.

The trial, which began Monday in North Justice Center in Fullerton, consisted of testimony from only the child, Martin and a DNA expert. The DNA evidence pointed to Martin as the father of the boy, Payne said.

The jury took 20 minutes to render the guilty verdict.

The girl, now 14, lives with her mother in their Anaheim home. The baby boy was placed in a foster home.

[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: nomsv ]

#84186 - 04/26/02 08:59 PM Re: Jury finds him guilty in 20 minutes.
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Glad he got a guilty verdict but in my mind, 19 years is not long enough or a harsh enough punishment!

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#84187 - 04/26/02 11:30 PM Re: Jury finds him guilty in 20 minutes.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our Hollywoodish popular cultural conceptualization of this encompasses morality,lust,compulsions,psyc this,psych that. But it leaves out the most important aspect. The father's garnered momentary satisfaction. Fullfilled his fantasies. Now comes the aftermath. Forget prison. As his daughter ages he'll never accompany her journey. He'll forever be apart. There will be no hugs. He won't be there when she graduates from high school. Nor college. Nor at her wedding nor the birth of his grandchildren. Whatever her experiences,her victories and defeats,he will forever remain apart. I mean,think of it. How would it be to be him to have created a life from his loins which thru eternity finds him abysmally disgusting? His victory has the taste of ashes. Fantasies are fine. I can fantasize anything I want. And believ me there's some whoppers. But when fantasy becomes reality,dues must be paid. The father will know a "different kind of hell". Bet on it. I went thru this with my mother.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.