Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
4 registered (Banjo596, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84176 - 08/04/06 03:01 PM God works in mysterious ways!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
This guy thought it was cool to find a rare coin, which was the sequence to his downfall.
We often wonder how God works, but his glee at finding a coin turned to his own demise.

'Loner' jailed for sexually abusing girl 30 years ago Aug 4 2006

A SOUTHPORT paedophile who abused a schoolgirl almost 30 years ago has been jailed for four years and nine months.

Robert Wilby sexually molested the girl over three years beginning when she was aged 10 and ending in January 1980.

Liverpool Crown Court heard Wilby, of Norwood Road, Southport, preyed on the girl while she was doing a paper round.

He used to hang around the shop on Lord Street, Southport, where she worked in the mornings.

Wilby, who was wearing a mac, accosted her in a nearby doorway and repeated this behaviour on a number of occasions.

He eventually encouraged her to visit him at his bedsit in nearby Royal Terrace and when she twice went there he indecently assaulted her and on one of those occasions got her to behave indecently with him, the court was told.

Though the abuse took place nearly three decades ago, Wilby's victim did not tell anybody about her ordeal until she confided in a friend when she was 20.

But the offences only came to the attention of the police after she told a counsellor.

Wilby was tracked down by police because she also told her mother-in-law about the offences and said that she had spotted his photograph in the Southport Visiter some years earlier because he had found arare coin.

Her mother-in-law trawled through the newspaper's archives in South-port and succeeded in finding the story, which appeared in March 1992.

Wilby, 61, a former fairground worker, who always maintained his innocence, was found guilty of five offences of child indecency and two of indecent assault.

The jury trying Wilby'scase had failed to reach verdicts in relation to a further six similar charges and these were ordered to lie on the file.

The court heard Wilby has two previous convictions for indecent exposure.

Jailing Wilby, Judge Sean Duncan said he had exhibited manipulative and predatory behaviour towards his victim.

Judge Duncan said: "What happened to her has obviously scarred her for life.

"If a young girl is abused in the way thatyou abused her, the overwhelming likelihood is that she is going to be denied the proper joys of growing up and enjoying healthy relationships - your behaviour robbed her of all that.

"This is a most unhappy case and the sentence is richly deserved."

Wilby was also ordered to sign the Sex Offenders' Register for life and was banned from working with children indefinitely.

Robert Altham, defending, said Wilby, a loner, was known in South-port as an eccentric.

"The defendant has found his time on remand extremely difficult. He was assaulted in a quite nasty way on his first dayand those assaults have been repeated on an almost daily basis.

"For him, it has been compounded by his age, because it makes him defenceless."

#84177 - 08/04/06 03:22 PM Re: God works in mysterious ways!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
What's really rich about this one is the way the defense attorney complained that while in jail awaiting trial his client was "assaulted in a quite nasty way", and then was assaulted similarly on an almost daily basis. Poor boy.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.