Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
6 registered (Scott1962, don64, Obi, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443086 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84174 - 04/22/02 08:35 PM No more secrets in Baptist Church either...
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
NEWS CENTER Story Archive April 22, 2002
7:32 pm 36.1F

FORMER SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER APPEARS IN COURT

43-year-old Thomas Wright of Yarmouth is free on bail, after being charged with gross sexual assault. Wright was arrested last week when the parents of an 11-year-old boy told police he had molested their son.
The alleged assault took place several years ago, when Wright was a member of the Faith Baptist Church in North Yarmouth. Authorities say the young parishoner was seven years old at the time. Now police say they're investigating more allegations against Wright. Other people from the church, including two women, told police they were abused by Wright when they were minors. Wright's lawyer, James Martemucci, says his client is innocent and he's confident the charges will be dropped. Martemucci says the charges stem from a bitter divorce case and that the allegations were made because Wright's wife wants to get custody of their children. What makes this case more complicated is the role of the church. Wright left the Faith Baptist Church after 15 years of service, then started teaching sunday school at the First Baptist Church in Freeport. He was demoted last summer, after a parishoner in North Yarmouth told church leaders Wright had abused her. But no one from either church reported the allegations to police. Authorities are looking into whether the churches will face charges as well.

From NBC Affiliate WCSH http://www.wcsh6.com/newscenter/article.asp?id=1592

What is not said: Same shit different day

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#84175 - 04/22/02 09:13 PM Re: No more secrets in Baptist Church either...
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Yep, and I could give more examples of my own personal life and how the Baptist church played a role... but right now, its more than I care to think about.

I once told someone who was only concerned about the known sex offenders.. I told them that they needed to be more concerned about those in their churches.. they could find plenty of child abusers there. Well at least I did as a child.

And I wonder why I have so much problem with churches and religion and all the rest of the things that go along with this.

UGH and GRRR!

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.