PRIEST ABUSE VICTIM SPEAKS OUT

A man from Augusta who filed a lawsuit against a priest and the Diocese of Portland last year is now speaking publicly about the abuse he says he suffered. Michael Fortin says he was thirteen-years-old when he was sexually molested by Faher Raymond Melville.
Fortin says he found the strength to speak out because other victims have recently stepped forward. At a news conference Monday, Fortin said its time to stop keeping secrets. He claims the Diocese knew Father Melville was a pedophile and did nothing to protect him or any other children. Fortin says its time for church officials to accept responsibility. An attorney for the Catholic Diocese denied the allegations. He says no one in the diocese knew there were problems with Father Melville. The lawsuit, which was filed last summer, is still in court.

Links: http://www.wcsh6.com/newscenter/article.asp?id=1593
(from NBC affiliate WCSH)

What is not said: The Diocese could give a shit.

_________________________
It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"