Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
5 registered (Bluedogone, Tiger1982, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64015 Topics
446761 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84159 - 08/04/06 03:03 AM Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

This according to one Phillip Distastio, who is "accused of molesting two disabled boys he tutored at his home and raping seven autistic boys at a Cleveland school for special-needs students where he was a teacher's aide. All but one of the victims were under 13."

Get ready to be disgusted and pissed.

Distastio is an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church. Designed mainly as a passive-aggressive protest against organized Big Religion, the Universal Life Church will ordain for free ANYONE who asks to be a minister. Further, they will allow that minister to "preach", so to speak, any particular core belief set he chooses - the Church does not dictate or disapprove any particular creed. Most of these ministers and their congregations are advocates of drug use - for instance, to "take the sacrement" often refers to smoking weed. In and of itself, the Universal Life Church is fairly harmless. But this lack of rules is not without consequences.

Distastio was ordained by this church. According to him, his particular ministry teaches that sex with children should be tolerated, and the actual act of having sex with a child is itself a sacred ritual.

Says Distastio, "I'm a pedophile. I've been a pedophile for 20 years...the only reason I'm charged with rape is that no one believes a child can consent to sex. The role of my ministry is to get these cases out of the courtrooms."

Distastio argues that the first amendment's church/state seperation protects his ministry's "rituals". He does not seem to directly deny committing the molestations or rapes. He is also representing himself, which means he will lose very quickly - thank God.

If he is found guilty of even ONE of the rape charges involving the younger boys, he will go to prison for LIFE.

This is all going down in my town, so I'll be able to keep a weary eye on this mess.

Edit to add: Link!

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#84160 - 08/04/06 10:15 AM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
He maybe the first to admit it, but he is not the only one to do it through his twisted 'faith'.
God, will be his advocate at his trial, or maybe Satan.

Satan may free him on Earth, but God wont, and he will pay eternally.
It is well documented in history that intergenerational sex is a free will for man.

I shall be watching this,

ste

#84161 - 08/04/06 12:40 PM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Don't for one moment think this person truly believes sex with kids is "sacred". I don't think he believes there are any fundamental religious questions at stake here. He just wants to try to win a court case. He's towing the official Pedo Pals party line of "The kids wanted it, society is just being oppressive", and he thinks being an ordained minister provides his argument with credibility, an "edge" or a possible (though improbable) legal out.

#84162 - 08/04/06 01:43 PM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
The good news here is that in Ohio, it seems, "life" for a crime like this means life imprisonment without possibility of parole.

The idea of a "church" peddling ordination to anyone at all to preach anything at all reminds me of similar things that were going on in the sixties. I remember ads in newspapers urging guys to become ministers of this or that bogus "church". The perks included, for example, making police officers call you "Reverend" and fewer restrictions on visiting your pals in jail. :rolleyes:

There seems to be some unknown Darwinian principle that protects insanity like this. Forty years on, and it's still thriving.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#84163 - 10/18/06 05:25 AM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well guys, I told you I'd let you know how this one worked out. And here it is.

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

"A Cuyahoga County judge on Monday sentenced admitted pedophile Phillip Distasio to 26 consecutive life prison terms -- one for each count of rape committed against eight special-needs boys in his care.

Common Pleas Judge Kathleen Ann Sutula included provisions that Distasio be ineligible for parole, that he be banned from using computers with Internet connections, and that all of his mail be screened by a lawyer.

Sutula said she was moved by the parents who testified on behalf of their sons, most of whom suffer from autism and could not communicate the abuse their teacher was inflicting on them.

"You will not have the opportunity to be with another child for the rest of your natural life," Sutula said. "You are indeed a monster, Mr. Distasio."

Distasio, 34, of Rocky River, apologized for his antics that delayed the case and threatened to turn the trial into a circus, then delivered a rambling 20-minute speech in defense of pedophilia.

"My story must be told," said Distasio, who first engaged in homosexuality at the age of 12 with a camp counselor. "People must be educated. I am the one who must lead the way."

Assistant County Prosecutor Brendan Sheehan accused Distasio of trying to cover up his depravity with talk of religion and love. As evidence, he presented excerpts of several journals Distasio kept in which he named each of his victims and described how he groomed, molested and raped each of them from 2001 until his arrest in 2005.

"He sits here today trying to make you believe he is some sort of Messiah," Sheehan told the judge. "In reality, he's a monster."

The parents applauded after Sutula imposed the consecutive life prison sentences without parole."

>>>

Here\'s a news video clip .

Score one for the good guys. In a business where we all know there can never be a truly "happy" ending, this is as close as it gets.

#84164 - 10/18/06 12:56 PM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I'd like to clone that Judge and put a couple of her in each state.

Good ridance to Distasio. I hope there is a lovely welcoming committee waiting for him in his new residence.

ROCK ON........Trish

#84165 - 10/18/06 01:50 PM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

OMG! Did you see his smiley face taunting the judge and courtroom alike.

Just look at all the faces on the court, they are riddled with disgust at just how he can make a stand for abusers like himself and promote it as a good thing to do.

Tell that to the cons,

ste

All the videos here on one page!

#84166 - 10/18/06 05:31 PM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trish4850:

Good ridance to Distasio. I hope there is a lovely welcoming committee waiting for him in his new residence.
Too right. I'm sure he'll be every bit as "consenting" as his victims were.

#84167 - 10/18/06 08:52 PM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys like him think they are the Messiah, but that is just how perps think, they all think that they do good, and others hurt them for doing what they think is natural.

His twisted mind thought the judge would let him go. How sick is he, and he will be in solitary.
There will be times when other prisoners will get to him, so now he has to run the gauntlet,

ste

#84168 - 10/19/06 09:38 AM Re: Get this: CSA is actually a sacred ritual!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
26 consecutive life sentences ... that ought to keep him busy for awhile! I'm sure the other lifers in his prison will be interested to hear of his "ministry". \:\)

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.