Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, royjay), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444217 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84147 - 08/01/06 04:13 PM Instruments of abuse!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
4 Monks Plead Not Guilty To Child Sex Assault Charges At Monastery

Published on 8/1/2006 in Nation, World » National Briefs

Johnson City, Texas — Four monks pleaded not guilty to charges alleging a boy was sexually assaulted at a Texas monastery that draws thousands of visitors every year, officials said Monday.

Authorities raided the Christ of the Hills Monastery last week in search of “instruments of child abuse,” Blanco County District Attorney Sam Oatman said.

The four monks, plus another serving a 10-year prison sentence for indecency with a minor, were arrested and indicted after a young man claimed he had been assaulted at the monastery beginning in 1993, when he was in his teens.

Oatman said another accuser has come forward, and others could follow.Three of the monks appeared in court in shackles Monday and entered not guilty pleas to charges of sexual assault of a child and organized criminal activity.

Monastery founder Samuel Greene, 61, who is ill, was not in court but has pleaded not guilty, Oatman said. The fifth monk, Jonathan Hitt, 45, was convicted in 1999 of indecency with a 14-year-old novice monk at the monastery.

Oatman said Hitt has not entered a plea on the new charges. The others, Walter Christley, 45; Hugh Fallon, 40; and William Hughes, 55, remained in custody.

Denial as a Monk! Men of God! There are others coming forward on this one, so keep on denying all the way to Hell.

#84148 - 08/01/06 05:57 PM Re: Instruments of abuse!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

I was wondering what has changed when I saw this post, and it occurred to me that something HAS changed.

It looks like more young victims are willing to come forward these days and expose the abusers. Let's hope that others - and there must be others - will follow suit and make this a good solid case.

Monks in a monastery...what next?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#84149 - 08/01/06 08:09 PM Re: Instruments of abuse!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

yes, they came from everywhere to see a statue that is supposed to 'weep' myrrh.

You can just picture them in their organge jumpsuits shackled and chained.

Whilst I can figure the odd priest being led from his pastures, I cannot for Monks, who have supposedly given up everything for God.

It is a grotesque crime against other Monks who live this way, and should never be tarnished, by abusers deeds,

ste

#84150 - 08/01/06 08:10 PM Re: Instruments of abuse!
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
To be perfectly honest, I am surprised that monks would be doing this. It doesn't fit. I pray this is an isolated incident and not a sign that there is something going on in the Orders as well as the clergy.

- Mel Brooks

#84151 - 08/01/06 09:26 PM Re: Instruments of abuse!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Nobby,

all the Monks I ever met would never do it, because I mostly met them at 11yo onwards.
My radar would have picked it up from them, but I felt they were just great men of God.

When you don the sack cloth, you do it to rid yourself of all Worldly things.

Sadly, even though in isolation, Monks do follow Satan, as many of them are also teachers in colleges as well as being Monks.

Two things hit me in this story.

1.) Organized abuse.

2.) A boy of 14yo boy probably was abused for him to follow a life so young into the Monastery.
I know that I felt that at the same age, and I did sign up to do it.

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do!

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.