Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
7 registered (randombreeze, GT13568, Scott1962, 4 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63223 Topics
442102 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84117 - 07/29/06 02:30 PM I know it goes on Triggers
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Get em hooked on class A drugs, and how do they get the money to afford it.
I know that drug gangs often use kids for purposes such as this.

It is a Worldwide epidemic!

********Triggers********

Bremen man indicted for promoting prostitution
BRIAN KENNEDY
The Daily Mountain Eagle
Published July 29, 2006 12:52 AM CDT

Three Walker County men jailed on charges stemming from case

A nine-month investigation by the Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Unit of the Walker County district Attorney’s Office has resulted in the handing down of grand jury indictments and the arrest of four men involved in a prostitution for drugs ring.

Kenneth Drummond, 35, of Bremen, is currently incarcerated in the Walker County Jail on charges stemming from a recent grand jury indictment for promoting the prostitution of a minor under the age of 16 in exhange for drugs. District Attorney’s Office Investigator John Softley said Drummond was arrested earlier this month and remains jailed on a $500,000 property bond.

In the grand jury indictment handed down, Drummond faces 21 counts of promoting prostitution in the first degree. Although the indictment does not accuse Drummond of any sexual contact with the victim, he also faces nine counts each of first-degree rape, second-degree rape and luring a child for sexual purposes due to his alleged intent to commission the acts by others.

Walker County Assistant District Attorney Staci Barnett indicated the investigation was handled by the local office because the crimes were committed within Walker County, as well as the fact the local office has a special Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Unit that was created several years back by District Attorney Charles Baker.

Three other Walker County residents - William Sherer, of Parrish; Erskin Spearman, of Jasper; and Phillip Johnson, of Sipsey - are currently being held in the Walker County Jail on $500,000 property bonds as a result of related indictments. The three men face charges of first-degree rape, second-degree rape and luring a child for sexual purposes related to the investigation.

“I’ve never had to work a case of this magnitude. It was definitely an unusual case for our area,” Softley said.

According to Softley, the initial report was filed in Sipsey last October and an investigation was initiated by the child abuse unit’s investigator Jim Underwood. Softley took over the investigation in April when Underwood took a leave of absence to campaign for election as county sheriff.

“It was a difficult and lengthy investigation and we certainly appreciate the assistance and support of the Sipsey Police Department and citizens of Sipsey who helped a great deal,” Softley said.
A fourth Walker County resident, who has not yet been apprehended by authorities, faces similar charges to the three arrested Walker County men. Barnett indicated Drummond had “solicited many others outside of those charged and indicted.”

While an arraignment date has not yet been set, the defendants will next be arraigned and the cases will be sent forward for a trial date.

First-degree rape is a Class A felony punishable by a sentence of 10 years to life imprisonment. Second-degree rape and the promotion of prostitution are Class B felonies punishable by a sentence of two to 20 years. The luring of a child for sexual purposes is a Class C felony punishable by a sentence of one to 10 years.

All defendants charged with a crime and indicted by a grand jury remain innocent until proven guilty in the court of law.

#84118 - 07/29/06 11:12 PM Re: I know it goes on Triggers
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
It's a fact that prostitution and drugs are closely linked, and then the link is easily made to the vulnerable sections of our society such as the abused.

Where I live is on the edge of a medium sized town, not much poverty or unemployment, nice housing etc.
But we have drug gangs that are ruthless.

There latest trick is to target the young teenage kids who hang out on street corners to use as drug runners, and if they co-operate they get ( some ) free drugs, if they don't they get dragged off the street, taken to one of the cities like Birmingham or Manchester ( about an hours drive ) and sold FOR RAPING. This is documented.

So if they don't get a 'vulnerable' kid, they make one.

Dave

#84119 - 07/29/06 11:26 PM Re: I know it goes on Triggers
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dave,

What you reveal in your post makes me sick. I just want to cry out to the world,

"Don't you get it yet? What the hell is wrong with you?"

But fact of the matter is, unless it touches us, disrupts our own family or ourselves, we simply look at it and say to ourselves whilst shaking our heads,

"Sad."

Then we go on about our lives and nothing has changed.

I wish there was something concrete I could do to help put a stop to this. Don't know what that would be.

Lots of love,

John

#84120 - 07/30/06 12:22 AM Re: I know it goes on Triggers
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
I change what I can, and pray that others have the strength to change what they can. Not much else you can do.

- Mel Brooks

#84121 - 07/30/06 09:33 AM Re: I know it goes on Triggers
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Let me make this clear!
Its the modern day sewer of life.
They use the kids addiction to do whatever they choose to do with them.

Its nothing less than enforced slavery, or abuse with an added dimension, addiction.
An abused kid may not be believed, an abused drug addict, WONT.

The drug barons see themselves as beyond arrest, because the police are too scared to get them, and teams like this who can swat flies, are what is needed, in a world where even the cops fear to tread.

I know where they live, I know what they do, and see the end result walking the streets. Those kids need help, the drug barons need to be purged, and only then can life be a little better,

ste

#84122 - 07/30/06 01:07 PM Re: I know it goes on Triggers
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I know personally of two cases very much like what Dave is describing, both involving boys who in the past had been brutally abused both physically and sexually.

In one, the kid ran into a group of older guys who made him feel special, wanted and important. But one part of being "cool" was that he should carry drugs for them, and of course he didn't understand that he was just being used as their "mule" - when the inevitable bust came, he was the one caught holding, not them. Not to mention the exposure to the drugs themselves: 13 and already experienced with LSD and heroin.

In the other case, the kid's a skater who fell in with a group of older skaters who, again, made him feel appreciated and important. They got him into hard drugs for a laugh, and then, when he started to become dependent on the drugs, they demanded payment, which he didn't have because he was only 14. So they agreed to "accept" sexual favors instead. He figured it didn't matter, because he had already done all these things so many times in the past anyway.

People who are willing to do this to kids really are the scum of the earth.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.