Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (Shyshark, traveler), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84006 - 07/04/06 02:22 PM Ex-council chief denies sex charges
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Maybe I am losing my memory, but this perp was in a pedo ring!

He never got copped in 1994, wonder why?
He was leader of Humberside Police committee for years, which he thought took him beyond British Law.
-------------------------------------------------

A former council leader and police authority chairman performed sex acts on a 13-year-old boy when he was a social worker more than 20 years ago, a court was told.

Colin Inglis, who has been the leader of Hull City Council and chairman of the Humberside Police Authority, went on trial charged with 14 counts of indecent assault. All the counts, which Inglis denies, relate to the same boy.

A jury at Leeds Crown Court heard that 49-year-old Inglis met the boy when he worked as a "house parent" at a council residential home in Hull in the 1980s.

Graham Hyland QC, prosecuting, told the court the boy woke regularly to find Inglis standing in his room after performing a sex act on him. He said he also woke to find the defendant masturbating by his bed.

The prosecutor told the jury: "(The boy) was very much Mr Inglis' favourite at the time. Unfortunately on the part of Mr Inglis, that friendly relationship went beyond mere favouritism and that of a social worker to child in his care."

Mr Hyland said York University graduate Inglis would take boys from the Spring Cottage assessment centre for weekends away. He said that on one occasion he took the "unusual if not unique" step of taking the youngster away by himself on a camping trip to North Wales.

The boy, who is now married with a daughter and working as a senior financial adviser, thought the trip was to Rhyll.

Mr Hyland said that on the trip Inglis got into a shower with him naked and washed him down. He also described a similar incident at a Hull leisure centre where Inglis had taken the boy to play squash.

The prosecutor told the jury that Inglis' relationship with the boy had been examined in a previous police investigation into Spring Cottage in 1997. But the court was told Inglis did not face any charges following the inquiry.

Inglis, of Wellington Street West, Hull, denies 14 counts of indecently assaulting a male person under the age of 16 between April 1982 and August 1983.

How many more did he get who never came forward!

#84007 - 07/05/06 12:56 PM Re: Ex-council chief denies sex charges
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
This was before his trial which is currently at the crown court, can anybody sniff a coverup?

Party anger at police silence on new inquiry
Exclusive
Rob Waugh
THE Labour Party last night said it was effectively being stopped from suspending council leader Colin Inglis because Humberside Police refuse to confirm he is being investigated over fresh allegations of child sexual abuse.
A regional spokesman said the party was being "hamstrung" by the police, who have not responded to requests for clarification of the latest inquiry into Coun Inglis, who is the chairman of Humberside Police Authority as well as the leader of Hull City Council.
Coun Inglis' position came under further pressure yesterday when it emerged the force itself is to be investigated over allegations it has failed to properly investigate him on three occasions.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission confirmed it had set up an inquiry into Humberside Police's handling of allegations of child sexual abuse made against Coun Inglis, which involve his time as a social worker at Gleneagles children's home, in Hull, in the 1980s.
Coun Inglis declined to comment yesterday, but he has previously denied the allegations, claiming they were politically-motivated and were made maliciously because he is openly gay.
The Labour Party last night made it clear they would suspend Coun Inglis if they received a response from police to confirm an investigation begun last month was into fresh allegations of abuse. The request for clarification came after Coun Inglis declared the allegations had been "comprehensively covered" during an earlier investigation which took place between 1996 and 1998. Then the Crown Prosecution Service decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute him.
However, the current police inquiry is believed to involve a different former resident of Gleneagles children's home.
Humberside Police formally asked North Yorkshire Police to investigate, after concerns were raised about the force's ability to independently investigate its own police authority chairman.
Although North Yorkshire is investigating the claims, the inquiry technically remains within the province of Humberside Police but, when asked by the Labour Party to confirm the inquiry concerned fresh allegations, they have not responded.
A regional party spokesman said: "Until the police tell us there is a new investigation, we are hamstrung, we can't do anything. If they released a statement saying it was a new investigation, we would suspend him from office of representation. He would be suspended from the party without prejudice while the investigation is ongoing."
Suspension would effectively mean Coun Inglis would not be able to hold the position of Hull Council leader or police authority chairman.
But when the Yorkshire Post asked Humberside Police why they refuse to confirm matters with the Labour Party, a spokeswoman said the force would not comment.
The situation was described as "a farce" last night by a support group for victims of abuse.
Shy Keenan, founder of Phoenix Survivors, said: "What is the difficulty in passing on a simple piece of information which doesn't compromise the inquiry in any way?"
A member of Hull's Labour group of councillors told the Yorkshire Post there was concern about Coun Inglis' position, and frustration that the police were not communicating with the party.
The councillor, who did not wish to be named, added that several members thought Coun Inglis should voluntarily step down.
His position as police authority chairman will come under further pressure as a result of the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) inquiry.
The IPCC will be investigating allegations that Humberside Police failed to properly investigate Coun Inglis when the allegations first arose in the 1980s, then during the investigation which ran between 1996 and 1998, and the current inquiry.
The IPCC investigation will be managed by Deputy Senior Investigator Ernest Brentnall and an external force will be appointed to provide assistance.
rob.waugh@ypn.co.uk

#84008 - 07/06/06 04:11 PM Re: Ex-council chief denies sex charges
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

Yep. Hmmm, what's that smell?

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.