Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
5 registered (WM, lapchinj, irishguym, 2 invisible), 61 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438129 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83995 - 06/28/06 05:17 PM Teacher jailed
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Full story is here!

Quote:
The mother-of-two was on a lunch break from jury duty at Liverpool Crown Court when she was spotted by a crane driver on top of the multi-storey car park with the boy.

The crane driver contacted police, who arrived at the scene after Fairhurst had returned to Liverpool Crown Court.

------------------------------------------------
The officers attended court and had to explain to the judge that they needed to arrest one of his jurors on suspicion of having sex with a minor.
How embarrassing was that!

ste

#83996 - 06/28/06 05:46 PM Re: Teacher jailed
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

Quite a story...she uses her break to go molest a kid. But at the same time, bravo for the crane operator.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83997 - 06/28/06 08:07 PM Re: Teacher jailed
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

the worst part was, she was a special needs teacher to the boy, one to one teaching.
Liverpool is full of those overhead cranes and the driver just happened to have a pair of binoculars.

Having sex on the roof of a car park in a busy city centre was pretty risque to say the least.
The sentence includes registering as a sex offender indefinitely, which I guess means life,

ste

#83998 - 07/02/06 06:43 AM Re: Teacher jailed
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sick woman. Just sick.

#83999 - 07/02/06 09:38 AM Re: Teacher jailed
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

The really sick part, is the boy is in care, no family, and is at risk from predators.
She knew all that when she did it.

The jury service was meant to distance her from the boy, but she just carried on.
If the crane driver never reported it, she would be free, and do it to others.

She did not show any remorse for what she did, as though she thought it was just natural love, so maybe she will learn a lesson, I think not though,

ste

#84000 - 01/12/07 12:03 PM Re: Teacher jailed
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Another case where the kid is to blame!
She took advantage of a kid with learning difficulties, who was in care at the time.

She claims that her family is being hurt in all of this, but what about the poor brat!

Sex case teacher has jail term cut

A SPECIAL needs teacher from Liverpool, who admitted sex with an underage teenage boy in the back of her car, has had her sentence cut by judges at London's Criminal Appeal Court.

Elvira Fairhurst, 50, was sentenced to four years and three months behind bars after pleading guilty to sexual activity with a child at the city's Crown Court last June.

But yesterday, after hearing an appeal from Fairhurst's lawyers, Appeal Court judges ruled that her sentence was too long - and slashed it to three years.

Judge Michael Brodrick, sitting at the Appeal Court with Mrs Justice Rafferty, described how the teacher was on jury service at Liverpool when the offences came to light and had to be dismissed from the panel mid-trial to be arrested.

A crane driver had spotted Fairhurst, of Thingwall Road, Wavertree, and her then 15-year old victim in a Volkswagen Polo car on the top of a car parkin the city in April last year.

At first, he believed the pair to be mother and son, but after witnessing them engaging in sexual activity called police to the scene.

When they arrived, they found the boy sitting alone. He told them the car was his mother's, but it was soon revealed that it belonged to Fairhurst.

Officers went to the court and the trial at which she was a jury member had to be halted to allow her to be arrested and questioned.

Judge Brodrick said mother-of-two, Fairhurst, whose husband is said to be standing by her, at first claimed to have been raped by the boy, but changed her plea at the last minute.

Lawyers for Fairhurst said the judge had not given enough weight to her mitigation, including excellent character references and the impact the situation had on her family.

#84001 - 01/13/07 02:30 PM Re: Teacher jailed
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

These people should NOT be able to appeal. If I had my way I would bring back the old village stocks to put them in.

Once again the UK law system is always in favour of the criminal. The victim is always made out to be the chief villan. The lawyers for these people are just as quilty (in my opinion). Having excellent character references mean nout.

That kid will have to suffer with this for the rest of his life.

Duncan

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.