This texas law goes a bit too far, the way its written a teacher cannot have sex with a student of ANY AGE. Doesn't matter if its a 31 year old student with a 32 year old professor in graduate school. This is perfect ammo to people who think that 13 year old students should be able to have sex with their students.

Latest Teacher Sex Arrest Raises Questions

FULL STORY http://www.nbc10.com/news/9362074/detail.html

A story out of Texas about an ex-beauty contestant/teacher accused of sex with a male student is raising questions.

Amy McElhenney, 25, is a former Miss Texas contestant who was teaching at a Carrollton, Texas high school.

McElhenney was arrested May 25 and charged with having an improper relationship with a student. The Spanish teacher and former Miss Texas contestant faces up to 20 years in prison, if convicted.

McElhenney's arrest was for allegedly having sex with an 18-year-old student and it has raised questions about the age constraints of the state's three-year-old law criminalizing student-teacher sexual relationships.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"