Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
7 registered (Obi, bluesky, lapchinj, men_of_hrts.dbw, Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64151 Topics
447621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83909 - 06/10/06 02:02 PM Too old for prison!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
81? SO WHAT! HE SHOULD BE BEHIND BARS
Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list

10:40 - 10 June 2006
Why on earth isn't paedophile Geoffrey Micklefield behind bars today?

This man abused a child over a period of almost five years. He took advantage of the trust placed in him by a family who offered him work and friendship, who gave him meals and support when he was in trouble or when he was ill.

And he repaid them by seeking to gratify his own sickening sexual desires with their little boy.

In doing so he harmed that boy for life. For that child went on to suffer a nervous breakdown and mental health problems.

The abuse he suffered haunted him, as it so often does with children who have been treated in this way.

Despite this Micklefield has been allowed to walk from court a free man. Yes, he has been given a community punishment and put on probation, but that amounts to little more than a mild rebuke.

Micklefield robbed that child of his innocence. He took advantage of him as only a scheming, cynical adult could do. And he left him permanently damaged. Micklefield has got away disgracefully lightly while the boy, who is now in his late teens, has been given a sentence that may endure for his entire life.

This punishment certainly does not fit the crime. It doesn't come close to matching it. Once again the rights of the criminal have been placed before those of the victim.

A verdict like this shames us all for it is totally inadequate. Worse than that, it may well deter other people who have suffered abuse at the hands of perverts like Micklefield from coming forward.

We should never be fooled by people who sexually abuse children. They are cunning, deceitful and manipulative. We should look at their crimes, not their ages, and deal with them accordingly.

#83910 - 06/10/06 02:13 PM Re: Too old for prison!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

Another travesty of justice of course. This guy and the one who was too short for prison ought to get together. Maybe they can get government funding to set up a day-care center.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.