Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83900 - 06/07/06 02:28 PM Crack Head Politicians
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
If you are caught with more than five grams of cannabis, you are liable to serve 14 years in this country.

Five extacy tablets = the same sentence.
All this in a country that cannot even lock up perps for a few years is madness.

A lot of those who make the law are coke heads themselves.
Nobody wants drugs to kill off lives, but this is totally ridiculous.

This is a country where the prisons are totally at breaking point, so a lot go unpunished anyhow.
They call it a crackdown, I call it a crack up.

No wonder society is the way it is, failure after failure of those who are supposed to look after peoples care.

Read it here.

#83901 - 06/07/06 08:25 PM Re: Crack Head Politicians
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

I think drug enforcement policy must always be assigned to the greatest idiots, don't you? I just read a story saying that 20,000 marijuana users a year could die of lung cancer, based on analogies with cigarette smoking.

Hello? Have any of us seen a marijuana user who smokes 20 joints a day?

Much puffing,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83902 - 06/07/06 08:44 PM Re: Crack Head Politicians
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

I am a scarce user of pot, but I have at times had enough to serve 14 years in jail.
Intent is a word they use, often with effect, use it on me and watch the explosive effect.

Intent means you can be driving your car innocently along the road, and be stopped for intent to kill, because you are driving a car, and we know they kill people.

The Courts spend millions of hours on intent issues, and most get laughed out by judges.
Truth is, they got rid of the Taleban, who chopped yr head off if you grew cannabis or poppies, but now it is a free for all.

The market is swamped with cheap drugs, so you know as a journalist just how one act can lead to a downfall of the nation that kills off its protectors.

All the high velocity machine rifles in the UK came from Serbia after intefering there.
So our own people are being killed with rifles that should have been destroyed.

No wonder Governments only pay lip service to child abuse, and if each survivor got together and told the nation, it would mean trouble.

They rely on the endless supply of rent boys who have turned to drugs, and will do anything for money, its their type who use their services.

What goes around comes around. Those rent boys work a couple of minutes down the road from me, and the nightly drug guys are there to sell them more drugs.

They have not got a life, and we all know where most of them will end up, I give up, and I note the lack of police surveillance,

ste

#83903 - 06/07/06 11:47 PM Re: Crack Head Politicians
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Ste,

In my classes in medieval Islamic law I use a cool example given by a 9th century scholar in Baghdad who was opposed to narrow and bigoted interpretation of law.

His starting point was the argument of the jurists that anyone caught with an empty wineskin should be punished for possession of wine, based on the argument of instrumentality: the guy owned that instrument needed to carry wine.

To this the liberals responded that the conservative jurists should all be flogged for adultery, since all of them possessed that instrument required for the commission of adultery. \:\)

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#83904 - 06/08/06 09:04 AM Re: Crack Head Politicians
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

dont hold me on the country but I think Saudi law says that, if, you call a taxi, and the driver runs over somebody along the way or causes death, then it is you who ends up in jail for committing murder.

The logical side of the argument, is that, the person would still be alive had you not called the taxi.

So, a packed bus of tourists, it leads to mass murder.

The truck driver carrying live chickens, they would be all locked up, and 'fried' before the courts. ;\)

The other leg has a church bell attached to it,

ste

PS
REST OF THE WORLD VERSION:

The squirrel works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building and improving his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool, and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the squirrel is warm and well fed. The shivering grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

THE END

THE BRITISH VERSION:

The squirrel works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool, and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the squirrel is warm and well fed.

A social worker finds the shivering grasshopper, calls a press conference and demands to know why the squirrel should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others less fortunate, like the grasshopper, are cold and starving. The BBC shows up to provide live coverage of the shivering grasshopper; with cuts to a video of the squirrel in his comfortable warm home with a table laden with food.

The British press inform people that they should be ashamed that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so while others have plenty. The Labour Party, Greenpeace, Animal Rights and The Grasshopper Council of GB demonstrate in front of the squirrel's house. The BBC, interrupting a cultural festival special from Notting Hill with breaking news, broadcasts a multi cultural choir singing "We Shall Overcome". Ken Livingstone rants in an interview with Trevor McDonald that the squirrel got rich off the backs of grasshoppers, and calls for an immediate tax hike on the squirrel to make him pay his "fair share" and increases the charge for squirrels to enter inner London.

In response to pressure from the media, the Government drafts the Economic Equity and Grasshopper Anti Discrimination Act, retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The squirrel's taxes are reassessed. He is taken to court and fined for failing to hire grasshoppers as builders for the work he was doing on his home and an additional fine for contempt when he told the court the grasshopper did not want to work. The grasshopper is provided with a council house, financial aid to furnish it and an account with a local taxi firm to ensure he can be socially mobile. The squirrel's food is seized and re distributed to the more needy members of society, in this case the grasshopper.

Without enough money to buy more food, to pay the fine and his newly imposed retroactive taxes, the squirrel has to downsize and start building a new home. The local authority takes over his old home and utilises it as a temporary home for asylum seeking cats who had hijacked a plane to get to Britain as they had to share their country of origin with mice. On arrival they tried to blow up the airport because of Britain's apparent love of dogs.

The cats had been arrested for the international offence of hijacking and attempt bombing but were immediately released because the police fed them pilchards instead of salmon whilst in custody. Initial moves to then return them to their own country were abandoned because it was feared they would face death by the mice. The cats devise and start a scam to obtain money from peoples credit cards.

A Panorama special shows the grasshopper finishing up the last of the squirrel's food, though spring is still months away, while the council house he is in, crumbles around him because he hasn't bothered to maintain the house. He is shown to be taking drugs. Inadequate government funding is blamed for the grasshopper's drug 'illness'.

The cats seek recompense in the British courts for their treatment since arrival in UK.

The grasshopper gets arrested for stabbing an old dog during a burglary to get money for his drugs habit. He is imprisoned but released immediately because he has been in custody for a few weeks. He is placed in the care of the probation service to monitor and supervise him. Within a few weeks he has killed a guinea pig in a botched robbery.

A commission of enquiry, that will eventually cost 10,000,000 and state the obvious, is set up.

Additional money is put into funding a drug rehabilitation scheme for grasshoppers and legal aid for lawyers representing asylum seekers is increased. The asylum seeking cats are praised by the government for enriching Britain's multicultural diversity and dogs are criticised by the government for failing to befriend the cats.

The grasshopper dies of a drug overdose. The usual sections of the press blame it on the obvious failure of government to address the root causes of despair arising from social inequity and his traumatic experience of prison.
They call for the resignation of a minister.

The cats are paid a million pounds each because their rights were infringed when the government failed to inform them there were mice in the United Kingdom.

The squirrel, the dogs and the victims of the hijacking, the bombing, the burglaries and robberies have to pay an additional percentage on their credit cards to cover losses, their taxes are increased to pay for law and order and they are told that they will have to work beyond 65 because of a shortfall in government funds.

THE END

#83905 - 06/09/06 02:47 AM Re: Crack Head Politicians
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Ste,

Actually, that would not be the case in Saudi Arabia or any other Islamic country I know of. Traditional Islamic law would require that the driver pay compensation to the family of the man he killed. The passenger would not be at fault.

I loved the story of the squirrel and the grasshopper! But you forgot the part where if the grasshopper is ever chased onto a roof after driving 90 mph past a school, the police would send up KFC and two liters of Coke for fear of violating his "insect rights".

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#83906 - 06/09/06 11:25 AM Re: Crack Head Politicians
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

the police pursuing the grasshopper ran over two little kids, but they wont end up in prison because it was the kids fault for buying sweets and jay walking on the highway.

Animal rights protestors were soon on the spot wanting to know why the police were complicit in killing an animal, namely a chicken, to feed to a criminal.

The grasshopper pleaded guilty to possessing more than 5 grams of coke, and the police were also committed for aiding and abetting him.

All this time "The Queen was in her counting house, counting all her money".

"The cook made a pie with four and twenty black birds baked inside".

That is a whole new story, but they all lived happily ever after.

I think

ste

#83907 - 06/09/06 03:39 PM Re: Crack Head Politicians
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Ste,

What about all the birds who eat grasshoppers? Surely therein lies justice for the squirrel.

Much munching,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.