Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443246 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83888 - 06/02/06 12:54 PM Forthcoming BBC documentary
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
The BBC are transmitting a documentary about dealing with CSA as an adult. Entitled "Breaking The Silence - A Film By Jimmy Edmonds" is being shown as part of the "One Life" series. The press release for the documentary reads:

"In the late fifties and early sixties I was sexually abused by my maths teacher at a boys boarding school in East Sussex and by a priest at my local church.

But for over 40 years, I have kept the abuse a secret - too ashamed to tell people for fear of how they’d judge me. However, eighteen months ago, I decided to confront my past as I was convinced it was the reason my brothers and I weren’t close. I knew one of my brothers Ned had been abused and suspected the other Tom, may have been. I was sure the abuse we had suffered had created a void between us where we couldn’t bear to be in each others company for fear of evoking old memories.

“Breaking the Silence” follows my attempts to mend my relationships with my brothers and to confront the events of our childhood – it has not been not an easy journey. As painful memories re-surface , so have old fears and resentments. A major source of contention between us is the question of whether or not we should reveal our secret to our mother, now aged 89".

It is being shown on BBC One on the 7th June at 10.40pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tv_and_radio/onelife_index.shtml

Kirk
"Lets grab this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit"

#83889 - 06/02/06 02:20 PM Re: Forthcoming BBC documentary
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Kirk,

I never know what is on TV, I will record the prog and make it available here at MS for anyone who wants to see it.

It will be in Divx format and will post a link
as soon as I can after that date,

ste

#83890 - 06/08/06 08:47 PM Re: Forthcoming BBC documentary
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Kirk,

guess what, I missed it!
Me memory is in relapse right now,

ste

Unless I can get it on replay TV

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.