Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jim1961, Aptrick, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63562 Topics
444093 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8399 - 06/25/05 12:40 AM Re: Life changing
jimrh Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Roswell, GA
VN...

I'm pretty sure that when you began your athletic career, you didn't realize at that moment that that is where you were destined. We are ever-changing and dynamic.

We are also resiliant and usually strong.

You seem very strong and that is admirable to many.

I do not know you and you do not know me, therefore, for what it's worth, I can only relate what I've experienced with life changing situations.

Change is definitely sometimes scary. Sometimes we make astronimical changes in our lives, fearing that at that moment, that it will all end.

The best that we can do for each other is to support and give advice or suggestions.

I'm probably not making a whole lot of sense but just know that I care.

I wish you the best.

Jim

#8400 - 06/25/05 06:01 AM Re: Life changing
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I again thank all of you to answer so kindly with me. There are such feelings of magnanimity here. All answers of such compassion to me, I estimate them so. I wish, more, that I can help anothers here. My knowledge, it so lacks, a number(line) as my words.

I feel still rather in air so right now. I feel, so is lost, and such big change (replacement), I only wish to try to be stronger, than I. My apology for to use this place, you good people here so to support my emotions of failure right now.

VN

#8401 - 06/25/05 03:17 PM Re: Life changing
CrazyRob Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Miami, FL
VN,

I have to say that you HAVE helped me in here. When I read your posts, I am encouraged and reminded of the kind of man I want to become. Thank you for sharing this with us, with me. Know that where ever you are and whatever you are doing, my prayers and thoughts are with you bro.

May you find peace.

Rob

-Unknown

#8402 - 06/25/05 04:54 PM Re: Life changing
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

VN,

Rob is right. You help a lot of us with your courage and determination. Please know that I was not trying to keep you from testifying on behalf of those poor murdered souls. I was unable to see the need of putting you through all of this when I knew your perp was going ot be sentenced to life anyway. I never meant to deminish your integrity. You are very noble and brave, VN. We can all learn from your courage.

Also, have you considered coaching? If you can no longer perform the sport, helping others perform is a very worthwhile profession! You are young. Many opportunities will come your way. I know that you have many in your "family" there who care about you a great deal and will do everything they can to help you thru this period in your life.

I totally respect and admire you, VN

#8403 - 06/25/05 10:51 PM Re: Life changing
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
VN - to be an athlete takes a lot of determination and tenacity, qualities you obviously have.

Please remember that you can use those qualities in whatever paths you travel in the future - I wish you the very best ...Rik

#8404 - 06/26/05 09:10 AM Re: Life changing
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Remember, some times the changes in life can be quite the positive things. I am hoping as you go through them, it turns that they are. You deserve much more good things than (thank you Soccerkid!) you have had so much in life, and you will have them. You start just recently to recover of the past, and it will take itself some time. But you already have the sense of who you are and what you will allow of yourself. Sometime that take much longer. I hope you will learn that your discoveries of yourself, of who you are, is that you are a good person.

Andrei

#8405 - 06/26/05 09:21 AM Re: Life changing
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
Welcome here, VN, and I, too, am sorry for the CSA that brings you here.

Last year, I left a profession I had been in for almost twenty years. It was not only a profession, it was my entire life. It was how I defined myself. That job was me, and I was the job.

One year later, I am in a deeper and better level of recovery. My family is more stable. I am doing things that are important to me. Change, that I feared would kill me, has saved my life.

You are courageous to initiate change. You will benefit geatly from it. Congratulations and remain strong.

#8406 - 06/30/05 09:19 AM Re: Life changing
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I thank you everything, again. Everything, that you speak, it - such kindness and support of others, it are good to feel it and to know, what quantity(amount) real people can be. I think, only, that we are so real as, probably we allow ourselves to feeling of others. It most of all feel here.

I should tell, I think again at refusal to make ' change (replacement) of a life ' right now. Still there is a pain, very much, but I think, that it - probably emotion, it forces it to seem, as it - is more, than I shall be capable to admit(allow). It will be worse recently, I think, that it - probably a road accident that reason it. But I know, that I can admit(allow) it, always I do(make). I think, that it - fear to me, it is possible - cowardice which force me to want to remain again that I do(make). As right now, there is such big emotion and change (replacement), and it would be something so more, yes? Probably it - fear to lose me who I think, that I - am independent, so instead of it I want to not do(make) it right now even if it (is smartly strong). But it - not the decision which mention only directly, and I feel, that I was rather эгоистичен with it. If it is silly or not silly, I feel more convenient with me directly for this decision.

Friends to a kind of thanks.

VN

#8407 - 06/30/05 01:52 PM Re: Life changing
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
It is not stupid or silly to reconsider a decision you made. I think it would be quite silly to make some major life changing decision without considering it fully. I know it was not made in haste, but possibly made more with emotion then thought. And the initial decision you made was not at all selfish. Always, there will be choices we make that will affect other people. But ultimately, our choices need to be for what is best for ourself; not to deliberately do harm to another, but to do what WE need. Sometime that is quite difficult, but we must always be true to ourself and what is in our hearts and souls.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.