Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444114 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83708 - 04/07/06 03:11 PM News editorial-Keep Fentress in locked ward
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
This is an editorial from my hometown paper about my offender who is looking for more comfortable digs .

Keep Fentress in locked ward

April 7, 2006

Albert Fentress has made it the ripe old age of 65 and now he wants to be freed from the locked ward where he most certainly belongs.

A judge should reject his request and keep the confessed killer tightly confined.

Fentress committed one of the most horrific crimes in Hudson Valley history, sexually torturing, murdering and partially cannibalizing a Poughkeepsie teenager in 1979. He was found to be mentally incompetent to stand trial for those despicable deeds and has been confined to various mental institutions ever since.

Periodically, as allowed under state law, he has sought to be released or least housed in a less-secure facility, claiming he has been cured. Yet, during his confinement, Fentress, a former school teacher, has had trouble 'fessing up to the truth.

When Fentress made a bid for freedom in 2002, two former Dutchess County men came forward to testify he had molested them when they were children in spring 1979 only a few months before Fentress killed and cannibalized Town of Poughkeepsie teen Paul Masters.

Fentress never told his psychiatrists about those incidents. At another point, he tried to conceal to at least one psychiatrist he had a valid New York state driver's license, realizing he might be considered a flight risk.

Killer wants out of Orange County hospital

This time, Fentress wants out of an Orange County mental hospital. He was sent there originally, but then moved to the less-secure Kings Park Psychiatric Center on Long Island in 1985. A state judge in Suffolk County sent him back to Orange after correctly determining Fentress needed more intensive treatment because he failed to disclose the incidents involving the two boys during his years of therapy.

He is again petitioning to be sent to a less-secure facility. He also wants the Suffolk judge to transfer the case to another judge in Orange, citing, in part, the inconvenience of travel for himself, doctors and counselors.

But the judge, James Catterson, has presided over this case for about five years. He has a clear picture of Fentress' history and the lengths the murderer will go to for more freedom.

Fentress' latest gambit to demonstrate he is cured and to gloss over his heinous record should be rejected by the court.

Send a letter to the editor.

#83709 - 04/17/06 08:47 PM Re: News editorial-Keep Fentress in locked ward
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Curtis,

I just read about another cannibal who ate a little girl of 7yo, in Oklahoma.
I felt that the story was too gruesome to post.

The ripe old age of 65yo, is more than the young guy could ever get to.
That teen would be just about the regular age of men who come here today.

He claims he is "cured", even though he cannot admit to his thoughts, never mind the morbid passion he has.

Somebody must be telling him he will be out one day, but that is the best way to psychologically abuse him, by giving him hope.

Keep him locked within the confines of those four walls, so he can reflect every day on what he did.
It must be torturous for him, not to be able to carry out his sick fantasies again.

He will never gain an inch in looking for freedom, but "give him hope".
If I was a warden there, I would keep telling him, hey no worries you will soon be free.

Lock him up in a cell, and play Jonathan King 24/7, that would certainly be some torture for him.

ste

#83710 - 04/18/06 05:41 PM Re: News editorial-Keep Fentress in locked ward
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Curtis,

I just sent a letter from Hamburg. \:\) Let's see if they go for it.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.