Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (WriterKeith, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63228 Topics
442148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83592 - 03/01/06 08:19 PM Complaint to the BBC
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Guys

I do not know if you are aware of a forthcoming documentary that is being repeated on BBC One. The title of this "enlightening" documentary financed by licence payer fees is "Come Home Gary Glitter". It was originally transmitted late last year. I have written the following to the BBC to complain:

I am appalled to read that the BBC are going to repeat the obscene documentary 'Come Home Gary Glitter'. I watched this documentary on its first airing on BBC Three and came away with the thought that this was nothing more than a paedophilic travel guide. I had images of paedophiles typing into their laptops the locations the producers visited, how much to pay and what bars to frequent.

I originally watched the documentary to see what one of my abusers lawyers had to say that lawyer being Giovanni di Stefano. Is is a real shame that the producers of this programme did not catch on to the link between Gary Glitter and Jonathan King, that link being the recently jailed ex Radio One DJ Chris Denning and Bell records of whom Denning worked after being sacked from the BBC. King and Glitter recorded for Bell records at the time Denning was employed by them. That besides I find it very disturbing that the BBC are peddling, what can only be described as a 'Paedophiles guide to south east Asia"

Regards

Kirk McIntyre

For those that are not aware of the problem in South Esat Asia watch this although it could prove very triggering:

*****TRIGGER WARNING*****

http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-glitter_p7419,00.html

Get on your keyboards guys and lets get this paedophilic propoganda taken off the screens.
The powers that be can be contacted here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Kirk

"Lets take this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit"

#83593 - 03/01/06 08:36 PM Re: Complaint to the BBC
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kirk,

I have a thought on this - tell me what you think.

I take your point about the program being a pedophiles' guide to SE Asia, but I would like to see this program just in order to see for myself what the fuss is all about. You mentioned this program when it first aired, and honestly, my first reaction is I would like to see it so I know what the problem is first-hand.

My query to you - and it's just a query - is this: As an activist in this area would you argue against such an interest? Should we have a look and then complain knowing exactly what we are fighting against, or should such a program just be boycotted - period?

I really am interested in your take on this, as I have views both ways and may be back in the UK when this airs.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83594 - 03/01/06 08:44 PM Re: Complaint to the BBC
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Kirk,

A rethink, which I will post separately so you can see where I am going here.

Whcih is more effective and more important in your view? The argument that Gary Glitter, a convicted pedophile, should not have any media attention at all, in which case one should protest ahead of time. Or the argument that this kind of programming is inappropriate to the BBC, in which case the argument would come after the program is aired.

I'm not sure I said this correctly - I must be tired. But I hope you see what I mean.

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#83595 - 03/01/06 10:15 PM Re: Complaint to the BBC
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry

Good points well made.

Firsly I have to say that this is an updated verison of the original screening, which I failed to spot. Apologises

Secondly in an ideal world I would like people to see the programme first and make up their own minds but there is also an agrument against the showing of this film because of the way the writers and the BBC have produced this documentary as I personally feel it will entice abusers of kids to places like Thailand, Vietnam etc so in that sense I really feel that it should not be shown.

I have no problem with King and Glitter courting the media as long as that same media give us exactly the same prescence, but they dont.

But saying that I hope to be in a documentary on King later this year fortunately we (Kings victims) get as much airtime as he does if not a little bit more.

The only reason I am going with the complaint now is because I have seen it. Getting it pulled from the schedule will make the two idiots that wrote and produced the thing think twice before pulling another ill informed stunt such as this. Its highly unlikely we would get a comment from the BBC after the programmes has gone out, unless there were thousands upon thousnds of complaints.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tv/come_home.shtml

Take it easy

Kirk

"Lets grab this bull by the horns nd swing it about a bit"

#83596 - 03/02/06 05:44 PM Re: Complaint to the BBC
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Kirk,

Quote:
I personally feel it will entice abusers of kids to places like Thailand, Vietnam etc so in that sense I really feel that it should not be shown.
Aha. I missed that point as I bungled my way through my posts to you, though you did make that clear in your earlier comments. Yeah, you are right.

The BBC advertising presents the show as an exposee of Glitter et Cie., a real flourish of investigative journalism.

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#83597 - 03/03/06 03:22 PM Re: Complaint to the BBC
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry

"The BBC advertising presents the show as an exposee of Glitter et Cie., a real flourish of investigative journalism".

As far as I could see it was a couple of programme makers swanning around the world at the licence payers expense. I saw no real evidence of investigative journalism as most of what they used is already in the public domain.

Kirk
"Lets grab this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit"

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.