Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445535 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83549 - 02/06/06 12:15 PM The BBC
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Hi

I have just emailed the Victoria Derbyshire show on Radio Five Live as they are asking for suggestions for future shows, there is a message box at the bottom of the Victoria Derbyshire page that I am going to include in this message. Here is my suggestion for a forthcoming show:

"To discuss the appalling lack of professional resources for Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (CSA), especially the adult survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse as it is reputed that there are over 10 million survivors of CSA living in the UK at present.

I started a campaign at the end of 2005 asking my MP to raise this issue in debate in Parliament, this he has agreed to do and so far through my mass email mailout I have recieved 70 letters of support from across the political spectrum. The debate will hopefully be heard in late february. My MP who is tabling this debate is Mr Daniel Kawczynski (Shrewsbury & Atcham).

If only our politicians realised that CSA affects not only the individual but their family/partners and society in general.

Also if the Houses of Parliament are a true reflection of British society then there must be at least 100 plus survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse within their ranks according to official figures.

Regards

Kirk McIntyre"

The message box can be found here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/morning.shtml

The box also asks for guests you would like to appear, may I suggest Shy Keenan of Phoenix Survivors and perhaps Pete Saunders of NAPAC (National Association of People Abused in Childhood). I have also suggested maybe someone from the Dept of Health and the Home Office.

Feel free to add you weight by posting in your suggestions.

Kirk
"Lets take this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit".

#83550 - 02/06/06 05:22 PM Re: The BBC
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kirk,

Just posted an email to the BBC to support your suggestion. Hope it works out.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83551 - 02/06/06 06:00 PM Re: The BBC
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Thanks Larry

Kirk

"Lets take this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit".

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.