Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441296 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83529 - 02/02/06 09:13 PM This is sick big Triggers
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I saw this case unfold but never dared to post it.

It is triggering to read this story involving a baby, but having seen that it will be appealled because of the lightness of the sentences I am posting it.

I have to think that anybody who could do this to a child who cannot even fight back then what if they try it again to others in the future, maybe even their own kids.

I have to draw your attention to how the man got the bulk of the sentence when they conspired to do it.

I do not know the full story so I cannot comment.

Another thing to ponder is, it happened to a five month old not so long ago, and the perp got five years for it, it makes me wonder a whole load.

********Triggers**********

Here.

#83530 - 02/02/06 09:29 PM Re: This is sick big Triggers
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
It was Shys work that got the ball rolling with The Sun she has had some great results in getting lenient sentances increased. She is cerainly one extremely determined lady and the beauty of it is in a very sad sort of way is that survivors and their families do not know they can challenge and appeal against any unduly lenient sentance. Details of how to appeal to Lord Goldsmith are on Shys site.

http://www.phoenixsurvivors.com/Site_index.html

Kirk
"Lets take this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit"

#83531 - 02/03/06 04:00 PM Re: This is sick big Triggers
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I have to admit I just don't see the reasoning behind giving a sentence of only 5 years to a pedophile who abuses a baby.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83532 - 06/08/06 09:24 PM Re: This is sick big Triggers
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Larry, and all, the judges appealled the sentence and made it 8 years.
It may not seem much different, but the AG said that in cases such as this, life means life.

He can apply for parole after 8 years, but the board would not dare release him into the community to abuse babies and kids.

They had to give him 1/3 remission because he admitted the crime, even though the evidence was conclusive, as he had taken pictures and documented the act on the child.

You can read the update here
with the same trigger warning.

As in the case of Fentress, he will probably spend the rest of his life behind bars.
Just as Glitter, and King with all the other serial child abusers should.

This is why we must fight to let our voices be heard in a society where ppl know it goes on, but dont know the half or even an inch of what an abused child can go through.

Its only a matter of time where we are together, and speak as one voice, to let kids know it is safe to tell.

Safe to tell hotline would be the greatest tool to catch child abusers, but never failsafe, as a load of kids are being abused by those they gain trust in,

ste

Edited, because a lot of kids dont know what abuse is!
Especially if it happens in their own home, or the carers who are supposed to care.

#83533 - 06/09/06 02:25 AM Re: This is sick big Triggers
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

Thanks for the update and clarifications. In a way I am still skeptical and fear he will get out to abuse again, simply because of the need for more space in the jails, of all things.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.