Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (bluesky, dan_in_newengland, Greg56, VASurvivor, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63417 Topics
443370 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83495 - 01/31/06 07:14 PM Cody Posey
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I'm home sick today and I've been watching CourtTV which is televising alot of the State v. Posey trial.

It's making me ill what the prosecution is doing to this boy, but I'm encouraged as well. The prosecutor is, despite her reputation, performing like an inept idiot who is choosing to simply deny that the abuse Cody suffered ever happened. If I were sitting on that jury and heard only Cody's testimony, I would not convict. The fact that there are multiple witnesses from all walks of life who support him and confirm much of what he says, would make that decision even easier.

I believe that Cody will be convicted of killing his step-sister, that will be hard for a jury to by-pass because she too was a child of only 13. Hopefully, it will be a manslaughter conviction and he will be sentenced as a juvenille; that's up to the Judge. He should, and I pray that he is, aquitted of the 1st degree murder charge for killing his father and step mother.

He is not a psychopath as the prosecution claims, he is an abused boy who saw no other way out. It was the wrong way to be sure, but what Cody needs is help, not a prison sentence.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/posey/

#83496 - 01/31/06 07:38 PM Re: Cody Posey
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Trish,

it is the prosecutors job to make it look worse than it is.

This sounds like a very tragic course of events.
I do not know how old this boy is, but he certainly should not be called a psychopath.

It seems that this boy may have been driven by anger or a sense of nowhere to hide.

"He is not a psychopath as the prosecution claims, he is an abused boy who saw no other way out. It was the wrong way to be sure, but what Cody needs is help, not a prison sentence".

They will be looking for prison, I hope he does not go there.

There are many kids who have taken their lives in UK prisons, and I thought, what kind of life have they had to drive them to take their own young lives.

Ken Singer would be best to answer this.
He should have been psychologically assessed and let the assessor make the pleas on sentencing options for this boy.

He needs expert witnesses to also assess him along with experts on abuse of boys.

I just hope he gets the help he needs, but his life will never be complete.

Ugh,

ste

#83497 - 01/31/06 07:58 PM Re: Cody Posey
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
What's so sad is that despite all the signs, nothing was done to help this boy. He came to school all beat up and when he was asked what happened he just said, "I got hit by a softball".

Accusing a 14 yo boy of first degree murder - that ought to be enought to mess him up for life even if everything else hasn't already.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83498 - 01/31/06 08:32 PM Re: Cody Posey
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

What's amazing is that even the prosecution refers to Cody, now 16, but 14 when he committed the murders, as a "boy" or a "child." There's your first clue. What had to happen to that child to make him feel that committing murder was his only way out.

I'm was just listening to arguments that are making my head spin even more than before regarding the attempted sexual abuse by the step-mother AND father. The prosecution wants their expert to be able to say that Cody's story is "psychologically improbable." WHAT!?

I think you've said it Larry, how do you possibility make sense out of adults sexualizing children? The answer, you don't, I don't care how many initials you have after your name.

It's a horrible case. One child is dead and another is facing a life of hell. I could give a crap about the 2 adults.

ROCK ON.......Trish

#83499 - 02/01/06 04:21 AM Re: Cody Posey
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
There are other clues, in that he was a stepson if I read it right.

I read of a case here, were a 14yo stabbed a man in the street, he was locked away in an institution.

He asked his mom for his new trainees to be brought to him, and hung himself on the laces.
I was wondering why he stabbed this man, I guess the police never even asked him, nor anybody else.

It would be a far safer world if authority tried to listen to the people who it wants to incarcerate.

We have to turn the circle on these issues and let them know what really goes on in a mind that is twisted by the very ones who are supposed to care.

I am only scratching the surface, because I really dont know the case so well.

I can only think that it happens all too often that children can be forced so hard into an abyss of life that they cannot even rationalise their normal thoughts.

When cycles of abuse take place behind closed doors, then who would ever know the real story?
He may be highly intelligent, so what, do you have to be lesser intelligent to commit such atrocity.

I can only guess,

ste

#83500 - 02/01/06 07:49 PM Re: Cody Posey
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

Quote:
The prosecution wants their expert to be able to say that Cody's story is "psychologically improbable." WHAT!?
Absolutely! Psychology? Okay, right, let's talk psychology. A boy's world is one in which he relies on adults to keep him safe and make him feel wanted, important and loved. How horribly violated must Cody's world have been if he saw his only option to be the killing of the very adults he needed to cherish and protect him?

Hmmmmmm. Let me guess....

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#83501 - 02/24/06 03:18 PM Re: Cody Posey
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Thank goodness the Judge saw through the prosecution crap and sentenced this boy as a juvenile. I do believe this is the correct sentence. Not because of the killing of his father and stepmother, for that he should have walked, but for the killing of his step-sister. Getting inside his head may have expained the why, but it still never should have happened.

Hopefully, Cody will get the help he so desperately needs and will only spend 5 years behind bars instead of 50.

I loved his words to his lawyer, "Don't worry, Mr. Mitchell, I'm not going to disappoint anybody."

God speed Cody.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/23/ranch.killings.ap/index.html

ROCK ON.........Trish

#83502 - 02/25/06 06:15 AM Re: Cody Posey
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

Thanks for refloating this one. I agree with you, and I'm so glad to hear his words to his lawyer. Maybe this kid has a chance after all.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.