Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Johnnygolightly, Bluedogone), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83465 - 01/30/06 04:18 AM Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
NJadvocate Offline

Loc: New Jersey
This is unbelievable footage...Today in Paterson, New Jersey victims of Father James Hanley were leafleting a neighborhood when their abuser showed up....Father James Hanley...the confrontation was caught on tape. Lou Serrano, the father of Mark Serrano, SNAP Board member and victim of Father Hanley, was nose to nose with Hanley...go this this link for story and details...again trigger warning!

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_029195808.html

Mark

#83466 - 01/30/06 08:08 AM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Mark,

thanks for the clip, as soon as he said,

"I could not have abused all of them"

That was a classic gaffe to me, why did he just not admit his guilt.

Even if he abused one or two then it does not matter on the other counts.

Perps try to limit the damage any way they can through denial.

ste

#83467 - 01/30/06 12:01 PM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Isnt it amazing how the favourite word of the perp is always .....LIARS

Kirk
"Lets take this bull by the horns and swing around a bit"

#83468 - 01/30/06 09:45 PM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
The trick of saying: "I could not have abused all of them"...

I saw recently, I forget where, that a few years ago a pedophile was arrested after the police raided his home and found on his computer DETAILED de>
This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83469 - 01/31/06 02:31 AM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

This was very prominent news today, in the papers, TV and radio. I was out for lunch when the afternoon guys I listen to on Jersey 101.5 started in on it. The lead host, Craig Carton, can be very much of an idiot, although an entertaining one, but this time, he was dead serious and 100% on the side of the survivors who were warning the neighborhood about this scum. Without suggesting that it happen, he even went so far as to say that he would be very surpised by the City of Paterson if Hanley didn't find himself bloodied by Friday.

I certainy don't condone violence, but I found myself with an evil, gleeful smirk on my face just thinking about it.

Hanley is an unrepentant SOB. The radio hosts had one of our senators on who said that the legistlature is trying pass a bill that would make sexual molestation of a child, in any form, a crime with no statute of limitations. I hope and pray that they can bring it to the floor. The only reason that this ass was able to move into the neighborhood without the people knowing it was because he was never criminally convicted of his crimes so he didn't have to register as a Meghan's Law offender.

It's my understanding that he used to live in senior citizen housing. At 70 years old, why move from there to be across the street from a family that has 5 kids. He is still dangerous!

Trish

#83471 - 01/31/06 08:12 PM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Trish nails it again:

Quote:
At 70 years old, why move from there (a rest home for the elderly) to be across the street from a family that has 5 kids.
There it is in a nutshell.

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#83472 - 01/31/06 10:40 PM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
No staute of limitations, dont hold you hopes up to high as we have no statute of limitations over here in the UK but you would not believe it in the light sentances that perps get. Although there are some arguing for a statutue of limitations to be introduced "like other civilised countries" to quote one lopsided grining perp Jonathan King.

Of course he wants a statute of limitations as that would wipe out all of his past crimes.

The Czech republic has a limit of five years that is why our government could not apply for extridition of our most prolific serial abuser Chris Denning, the Czechs let him go to Slovakia where the age of consent is 15. He then moved across the border into Austria as he was wanted in Slovakia for absuing boys and that is where he was found and deported back to dear old blighty last year, he is currently in Wandsworth Prison (one of our toughest nicks) awaiting trial.

Kirk
"Lets take this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit".

#83473 - 02/01/06 02:41 AM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
NJadvocate Offline

Isn't it incredible to see right through this guy. He first tried being nice as he approached his victims, when that diddn't work he became billegerent...he tried admitting some of his transgressions but then denied others and then finally he tried to simply garner some sympathy by somehow attempting to justify what he did because it was his illness..alcholism, bi-polar state etc..Look at all his attempts to manipulate...but his power over his former victims....NOW SURVIVORS...no longer holds.

I wondered if I should post this link but not many survivors get this kind of opportunity to finally tell their perp what they are really about...look how he tried to manipulate Ray Skettini...by telling him he still loved him. Father Hanley NEVER loved him...he used him and was trying to use him again...but still...it did not work.

Where he moved to has more than 11 catholic churches within 2 miles, is accross the street from a rather large park and yes he ALREADY engratiated himself into his neighbors lives and per a news story brought these kids ballons and other gifts the night he had diner with them at their house. He is still a very dangerous man.

These video clips have already run on news programs from Hawaii to Canada.

Criminal laws in the U.S. CANNOT be instituted retroactively but civil laws can. In NJ they fixed much of the law in 1996 by eliminating the statute of limitations on 1st and 2nd degree crimes against children. But somehow we must see to it people like Father Hanley (who were not convicted, but still pose a serious threat) fall under the Megan Law mandatory community notification system.

We MUST pursue restoring CIVIL rights to those abused as children and above all else the Catholic Church MUST RECOGNIZE ITS MORAL OBLIGATION to release the names of all credibly accused clergy if they are to restore any level of credibility to that institution.

The clergy sex abuse scandal is still an open festering wound that will not heal until the wound is cleaned out, the whole TRUTH must be told.

To me the Church is acting just like Simon the Cyrenian, the unwilling participant who was pressed into service to help Jesus carry his cross. This is a cross they (the Bishops, the church) refuse to bare! So society must act to restore the rights of communities to be safe from sexual predators.

I am not a>

#83474 - 02/01/06 03:46 AM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Its an extraordinary piece of TV so revealing about a perp. His mixture of denial, blustering anger, and revolting self-pity is so like my fathers. I was in a rage after watching it but I am glad I did, thanks for posting it. Handley clearly is still a very dangerous man.

I agree about the Catholic Church, its reactions as an institution to the abuse revelations all over the world is like a mirror of the denial and failure to take responsibility of the individual perp priests.

Peter.

#83475 - 02/01/06 07:55 PM Re: Trigger Warning - NJ Victims confront defrocked Priest
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Mark,

Quote:
look how he tried to manipulate Ray Skettini...by telling him he still loved him. Father Hanley NEVER loved him...he used him and was trying to use him again.
It's chilling isn't it? I wonder if these people actually believe their own nonsense. I'm not sure I even want to START thinking about that!

Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.