Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (wiresguy1, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83431 - 01/29/06 01:20 PM My heads in bits over this
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
HUGE BOOST FOR JONATHAN KING'S CLAIMS TO BE "TOTALLY INNOCENT". GOVERNMENT ORDERS URGENT REVIEW INTO THE SAFETY OF HIS CONVICTIONS.

Background
The Criminal Cases Review Commission, the body set up by the government to investigate miscarriages of justice, has decided to reopen its inquiry into the safety of the conviction of Jonathan King, 61, following the presentation of new evidence by King’s lawyers.

In September 2001, King was convicted on six counts of having indecently assaulted young men in the 1980s. He was sentenced to seven years’ imprisonment and was released in March 2005 having served half his sentence. He has always protested his innocence.

The new evidence consists of documents and statements showing, for example, that he was in New York in September 1985, when he was alleged to have committed an offence in London.

He was not able to bring this evidence forward at trial because the dates of the alleged offences on the indictment sheet were changed at the very end of the trial – after the defence case had been completed.

Statement
“I am delighted that the CCRC has now reopened my case. I hope, at last, to be able to prove my innocence.

“At my trial, I proved I could not have committed four of the alleged crimes on the dates claimed and I assumed I would be found not guilty.

“I was astounded when the prosecution was simply allowed to change the dates on the charges, and even more horrified when I was not given any opportunity to discover or present alternative alibis for these revised charges. I was not even allowed to say to the jury "I didn't do it then either".

“Since being released, I have been able, with great difficulty, to assemble evidence which proves that I was in New York on the very day that I was supposedly indecently assaulting a youth in my house in London.

“The jury did not hear this critical evidence. Nor did they hear my defence to the other charges for which the dates were changed.

“It is incredibly difficult for someone to find an alibi for events that are alleged to have taken place 20 years or so earlier, when it's simply one person's word against another's. But when the dates are changed – in one case to two and a half years later, and the man is someone I don’t believe I ever even met – it becomes totally absurd.

“I am aware that the wheels of British justice grind very slowly, but I sincerely hope that in my case they now begin to accelerate towards their final destination – the truth.”

The law
Among the several legal precedents on which King will rely are the cases of R v Bonner [1974] in which the Court of Appeal ruled that dates should be amended only after the defence had had “ample opportunity” to consider whether further evidence should be called.

In the landmark case of Mattoccia v Italy, before the European Court of Human Rights [2003], the ECHR found in favour of Mattoccia and declared that changes of dates in such circumstances were a fundamental breach of human rights.

ENDS

I am determined that this is not going to screw my head but its very hard not to take this seriously but my mind has gone into overdrive.

It will however, not take my focus off trying to get decent professional resources for survivors.

King is as guilty as hell and I know it.

Kirk
"Lets take this bull by the horns and swing it around a bit".

#83432 - 01/29/06 01:53 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Kirk,

he is a filthy old pervert, and there is strong evidence of his guilt, I have read it all.
Do not explode with this just yet, put it into context.

" GOVERNMENT ORDERS URGENT REVIEW INTO THE SAFETY OF HIS CONVICTIONS".

Why? Would they want to do that, if they are not trying to cover up other perps.
I hope Shy is onto this, and get the facts straight.

The only thing we can think of is to keep strong in the knowledge of what we know.
His career is finished, but he is still a danger to boys.

Did he, or could he ever look into your eyes and say he did not do it, NO, he cannot and could not do it.

The best way of sorting out whether he did it or not, is not about dates but get a tribunal of experts, put him in front of a panel of boys he hurt and watch him closely.

A good psychologist and body language expert could make a report as to whether he was guilty or innocent.

This is the way laws worked in the past, but we have lost that right in favour of money,

ste

#83433 - 01/29/06 01:57 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Ste

A tribuneral of experts, that sounds positive and will go with that but how does one go about that in a leagsl sense?

Any suggestions

Kirk
"Lets take this bull by the horns ans swing at around a bit".

#83434 - 01/29/06 02:29 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kirk,

you are the expert, others have expertise.
Tribunals are of the past, but now they are coming back as community courts.

The ones who make laws to protect the innocent, sadly protect the not so innocent.
We can only hope that this blows the lid off him, because he would have abused loads of boys, not just the few who came forward.

They alone hold the key to the future of this perp.

Funnily, as I grew up and saw him on TV etc., my perp radar went wildly out of control.
Guess I am an expert too, get the message?

I hope the others will come forward and get him locked away for a decent stretch, he said he loved prison, let him return there for her majestys pleasure.

You can phone me if you want a good rant, but believe me, ppl like him make me seethe with rage, andhe never even touched me, so I cannot think how much it is doing to you,

keep your head, he will falter, and get caught, he has not been treated for his appetite for boys, so he will be found out,

I hope,

ste

#83435 - 01/29/06 06:50 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hang in there Kirk. You are safe and supported and you're not done yet. \:\)

#83436 - 01/29/06 06:58 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
king, unfortunately, has a slight advantage.

The survivors are expected to put dates on events that happened 20 or more years ago, when they were kids and had no need to 'mark time' - There is no possible way I could put specific dates on my abuse because it happened frequently and over 4 years, and even if a survivor was abused for say, 2 months and maybe 4 or 5 times in that period, what chance have they got of getting the dates exactly right?

king on the other hand was an adult, and a very busy and famous one at that, so it's far easier for him to trace his whereabouts accurately. I bet his accountant would have records for a start that would prove where he was.

The law is both right and wrong here, if I was defending myself against wrongful charges then I would want to present evidence of my alibi.
But as a victim I also want to be believed.
Which leaves us in the hands of lawyers and their word games.

If king does prove he was in the US on those dates, then all it proves to me is that the poor guy got the dates wrong.
With any luck some of the other survivors will step forward because, like us, we're sick to fucking death of king and his pitiful ranting.

Dave

#83437 - 01/29/06 07:32 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I really hope that others do come forward as Dave says. He is a serial pedo, he was part of a pedo ring.

I dont know about dates n stuff, but I always though I was 11yo, but it was definitely 10yo, you may think that doesnt matter but it does to me.

How I got to even hold down a job is a mystery to me, when I think of all the crap going through my head.

If he wins then the boys he abused will just have to carry an extra burden of guilt to cover the shits ass, let us pray that others come forward with intimate details that they could not have known about unless he did these things.

I want him behind bars until he admits his needs for boys and gets the necessary help, even then he would be a danger in my eyes.

Its us who get the life sentence for being totally innocent, that does not make any sense in my mind, but it is true.

Kirk, dont let it get to you, you have ppl to get you through use that link.

God, I am really gonna ask God for them others to come forward and shame and humiliate him for eternity.

He is guilty, so let him sue me.
The best sentence for him would be!

I told myself not to get angry, so I am not going to even type my thoughts on this matter, I dont have to, you all know perfectly what I am thinking \:o

ste

#83438 - 01/29/06 07:34 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

BTW

That is the longest post I have been able to write recently before my server drops out.

Maybe God is starting to listen,,,thanks God,

ste

#83439 - 01/29/06 08:32 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dave,

You said this:

Quote:
The survivors are expected to put dates on events that happened 20 or more years ago, when they were kids and had no need to 'mark time' - There is no possible way I could put specific dates on my abuse because it happened frequently and over 4 years...
That's exactly it bro. I would be frustrated and furious beyond imagining if the man who abused me were alive and I had to argue exact aspects of chronology. He molested me over a hundred times and over four years - and now someone wants to ask for exact dates and times and places?

When it was happening I was desperately dissociating just to get through the day. I bet I couldn't peg a single incident exactly, even in cases where, for example, he abused me on or close to my birthday or near Christmas. Was that 1961, 62? I have no idea now.

I wonder, does the law really have no appreciation for all this? Abused kids are terrified victims, not timekeepers.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83440 - 01/29/06 08:35 PM Re: My heads in bits over this
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kirk,

Hang in there. Just because there is a need to review the case it doesn't mean he will get off.

I know this must enrage you no end, but just be sure that all the work you have done is of the utmost importance. This Perp of Pop is only 61 and could have harmed a lot more kids.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.