Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443019 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83387 - 01/23/06 08:53 PM Gary Glitter and Jonathan King
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
It is a possibility that these two perverts could get banned for eternity from the British airwaves as they are still making a lot of money via the collection services of the Performing Rights Society. I hasten to add that Kings asscociate company Bocu Muisc owns the copyright of the ABBA sample used on Madonna's last hit "Hung Up" which ironically was featured on the BBC charity appeal "Children In Need".

Here is how I found out (see below: Taken from contact music)

"Paedophile pop stars including GARY GLITTER and JONATHAN KING face a broadcast ban on their material in their native Britain - preventing them from collecting any royalties from radio or TV play.

According to a leaked document, UK broadcast regulator Ofcom are "concerned" about the issue, and insist they will take stringent measures should enough members of the public complain.

Ofcom states in the document, "We are concerned that the inclusion of such material complies with our rules."

END

I have emailed Mr. Stephen Carter the Chief Executive of Ofcom, he can be contacted through this page:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/csg/ofcom_exec/#smg

Kirk
"lets take this bull by the horns and swing it about a bit" - Kirk

#83388 - 01/24/06 01:31 PM Re: Gary Glitter and Jonathan King
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kirk,

It sure would be great if these two in particular could be taken down a few pegs. Ofcom just has to receive enough indication of public concern. I will certainly write to them.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.