Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (Doubter, traveler), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447958 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83383 - 01/22/06 01:48 PM gender and justice
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
When I was waiting my turn for a haircut yesterday, I saw this in that great icon of British journalism, The Sun:

Quote:
A KNICKER saleswoman who had sex with a boy of 15 was spared jail by a judge yesterday — for the sake of her young son.

Shamed Susan Robertson, 32, plied her victim and a pal also aged 15 with drugs and booze at her flat. When the other lad passed out, the mum started kissing his chum, then gave him oral sex.

Sobbing Robertson who admitted fancying the boy, told a jury his friend woke up and exclaimed: “I know what you were doing.”

She said: “I suddenly thought, ‘Oh my God — how the hell did it get to that?”.

Robertson, of Wrecclesham, Surrey, pleaded guilty at Guildford Crown Court to sexual activity with a youngster, supplying cannabis and possessing cocaine.

She was cleared of inciting her victim’s pal to have sex.

Judge Michael Addison said her son — in bed at the time of the romp — faced going into care if she was jailed.

He gave her a nine-month suspended sentence for her “disgraceful” behaviour and put her on the sex offenders’ register.
To get the idea of how outrageous and insane this is, just reverse all the genders and reread the story:

A 32 yo man gets two 15 yo girls to go home with him, plies them with drink, grass and coke, one girl passes out, then he gives the other one oral sex. When the case comes to court, the judge lets him off because he is a single Dad and if he were to be jailed his own daughter would have to be taken into foster care.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83384 - 01/22/06 02:10 PM Re: gender and justice
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Larry,

"that great icon of British journalism, The Sun:"
I hope that was a bit of a joke.

Yes, gender is always an issue in general society.
It is generally seen as fact, that men are more violent than women.

Women are seen as more caring to children, which is totally wrong, because research suggest that men are in general more caring and protective of the young.

How can we be sure her own son is not in danger?
I hope she can get the help she needs, becsause it needs to be addressed.

I hope firstly that these boys involved get help at source, but guess they wont.

Thats life,

ste

#83385 - 01/22/06 02:12 PM Re: gender and justice
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
BTW,

because of the drink and drugs, it was obviously a planned assault.

#83386 - 01/22/06 03:17 PM Re: gender and justice
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

Oh my God! Yes, by all means, it was a joke!!!

I didn't think of the planned aspect of the incident. And her own son was asleep in the next room.

On the boys getting help, I bet you are right and nothing will be done for them. The attitude is clearly that the one who was molested suffered no harm.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.