Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (dan_in_newengland, GummyBear, Scott1962, skyguy), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447795 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83352 - 01/12/06 09:22 PM Another Horror
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
This story is horrible, as they all are, and now a little girl is dead.

In reading this article, I reflect back on Larry's thread about reporing. This was reported, by who I don't know, and "proved unfounded." What the fuck!?!?!?!?!?!

When the agencies charged with protecting children fails and a child dies, who answers to that?!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/12/child.death.ap/index.html

Sorry, I'm pissed off.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#83353 - 01/12/06 09:40 PM Re: Another Horror
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I'm pissed off, too, Trish. This story brought tears to my eyes, thinking of how that poor little girl suffered. No child deserves this. I hope the step-father and mother get served up an ample dose of justice for this.

#83354 - 01/12/06 09:48 PM Re: Another Horror
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Eddie,

In my mind, the only justice is death. I'm really not a hard person and am very ambivolent about the death penalty, EXCEPT when the person facing death has killed a child; then there is no question in my mind. I'd do it myself if I could.

ROCK ON........Trish

#83355 - 01/12/06 10:02 PM Re: Another Horror
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Trish,

I am not going to even read it.

**********Trigger warning****************

A beast got life inside for raping a few month old baby, it turned my stomach for real.

His girlfriend was also convicted.

They filmed and distributed it, but luckily they were tracked down and nailed.

The worst was that they were trusted to babysit the child, thank God they were caught, cos babies cannot even talk,

ste

#83356 - 01/13/06 10:18 PM Re: Another Horror
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Trish,

Quote:
When the agencies charged with protecting children fails and a child dies, who answers to that?!
There's a good question if ever there was one. I wonder who can answer it.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83357 - 01/13/06 10:32 PM Re: Another Horror
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

given that I have not read this story, I have to say that Government departments are largely unaware of how to keep kids safe.

How do I know that!

Governments always try to save money, so they will try and get the best out of what they have got, often putting too much strain on the people who make decisions about children.

It grieves me to think how many kids are curled in a ball tonight with no way out of their troubles, and nobody seems to care, not to the kid.

Kids cannot run or hide from abuse, they have to face it with very little skill. Some survive, some dont, so the ones that do, have a duty to be heard, and they are the experts on abuse, not Government agencies.

My own past taught me to never even have harsh words for a child unless they really deserve it, but some people are just like beasts with kids,

ste

#83358 - 01/14/06 02:06 AM Re: Another Horror
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Ste,

You are so right. I know a man who is a social worker in Essex County here in Jersey. Sadly, he is only in a position to make recommendations on removing children from the home. Very rarely does he have the authority to go himself and do it. If he finds himself in that position, you know that the circumstances for the child have become worse than imaginable and then for him, while he's happy the kid is out, he's a mess wondering what happens now and did he make the right decision. He's in the midst of studying for his boards to become a psychologist.

There are entirely too few people who are properly trained to deal with child abuse, in any form. Here in Jersey, the agency is DYFS; to say that they are a bunch of fuck ups is putting it nicely. I'm sure there are those that work for them that care and do the best they can and I know that when they come home their sleep is full of nightmares, but those people are too few and far between; they burn out quickly and leave their jobs because of the immense stress and because they are paid so poorly they can barely support their own families. The inept morons stay and children remain at risk.

My b/f had dealings with them and they helped him get out of his house and become emancipated at 15. That was good, but then you know what they did? Nothing. They left a 15 year old to fend for himself.

It's makes me madder than I can possibly express.

ROCK ON......Trish

#83359 - 01/14/06 09:44 PM Re: Another Horror
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trish,

firstly I read an article, once about a woman psychologist who had worked for many years often as a volunteer to study psychology hands on.

She understudied some of todays forward thinking psychlogists, and it put her top of the field in Court witnessing, judges always ask her advice.

How does she do it?

I forget the finer details, but she invited the parent/ or offender to attend her office, and whilst in the waiting room, she witnessed to interaction between the child and "abuser" with secret cameras and microphone.

Her expert knowledge meant she could pick up vital signs of whether the childs welfare was at risk, and she would report her findings to authorities.

These liaisons were strictly controlled so the kids were never at risk, but these are the type of people who should be teaching others the way of spotting signs without being misled.

Just a note on your bf, I am afraid that this scenario happends frequently, if social workers know a kid has been abused then they should swiftly have an action plan to give the kid a chance of getting through, not face silence,

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.