Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, pow, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63559 Topics
444070 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83350 - 01/12/06 03:48 PM One of their own
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
This was reported on CNN this morning.

I suspect it's been sanitized a little by the Bishop, but that doesn't really matter. He argues for the victims rights and for that I commend him. Good for him.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/11/bishop.abused.ap/index.html

#83351 - 01/12/06 05:08 PM Re: One of their own
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Thanks for posting this Trish. I saw the following and thought it was worth highlighting:

Quote:
Ohio bishops have suggested a church-created registry of both perpetrators and those who have participated in cover-ups and insist that internal reforms are adequate.

"Healing is not achieved by lawsuits but by working with those who have suffered abuse, ministering to them pastorally and helping to meet their individual needs," said a statement from the conference, which represents the Ohio church in public matters.
Sounds like more double-talk doesn't it?

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.