Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63234 Topics
442181 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83269 - 12/21/05 08:42 PM Debate at Westminster
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Today I met with my local MP (Daniel Kawczynski) for the second time. The reason for this meeting was his (or more correctly his parliamnentary researchers) lack of action after our last meeting in May.

To cut a long story short I have managed to convince him that there is dire need for resources to help support the likes of us or anyone else who has been subjected to SA regardless of age or gender. This also will include partners.

"Yeah right we have heard this from politicians before" that they intend to do something but this time round it is different he has promised in so many words to put forward a question to be debated ie: Resources for Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (lack of). He hopes to table this question on returning to Westminster early in January (the 11th to be precise). He explained the process to me and sees a date for the debate in February or March. What he wants from me is this is to talk graphically to his researcher and he would like me to encourage those of us in the UK who are survivors of CSA to be there for the debate.

I have the support of my good friend Shy Keenan of Phoenix Survivors and I plan to contact Steve Bevan at Swindon Survivors to come up (or down) to London to support this debate and any lobbying that may seem appropiate.

We already have support in parliament from the Conservative MP Bernard Jenkin. I have asked my MP who also happens to be a conservative to confer with Mr. Jenkin. If your member of parliament is contactable and accessable get onto him or her and persaude them to support and join these two MP's. Most MPs have local surgeries on a regular basis.

This could be our only chance this coming year to influence those that have the power to change things for future generations of survivors and I am not that naive to think that we will stamp out this obscenity for ever, but at least we can start to put in place resources for those that are being abused today and tomorrow.

I dont want any more kids wandering into their adulthood thinking "whats wrong with me, why do I feel like this".

Lets take this bull by the horns and swing it around a bit.

Kirk

#83270 - 12/22/05 07:44 PM Re: Debate at Westminster
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Friday 18.00hrs

I have just got off the phone from my MP. He has tabled the question "Resources for survivors of CSA" today.

Your support of this is so important.

Kirk

"On our own we cant change much but togther we can move mountains and governments"

#83271 - 12/22/05 08:08 PM Re: Debate at Westminster
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Kirk, try and find the exact date, and I will record it, and also see how many members are there for the debate.

I can write my piece for you if you want, but I will not be going to westminster because I could not afford it and I have home responsibilities.

I am writing shortly to my own MP who is a heavyweight when she gets going, hopefully she will be there to add weight to it,

take care,

ste

#83273 - 12/25/05 01:44 AM Re: Debate at Westminster
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Im up for it.

Dave

#83274 - 12/27/05 12:56 AM Re: Debate at Westminster
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Kirk - I'm off work for a week very shortly for my court case. One thing that has really ****** me off since I started dealing with this was when I went to my Doctor (when I was having a major breakdown just over two years ago). He didn't really know how to deal with me, and asked if I needed any further help, or if I was OK after talking to him for 5 minutes. It's just as well I was breaking down at the time because it makes me so ****** mad now to think tha '5 minutes' could have cured everything.

I was referred to a Clinical Psychologist and an appointment came through about 3 months later, for a date around 9 months after I went to the doctor. What good was that - if it wasn't for my boss at work, I probably wouldn't have been around 9 months later. She got me help immediately!!!

They don't know the damage that is done - I am working through it now, but it causes so much pain trying to make my way back to the surface.

I expect my case will be in the local paper around the end of January - that's a good time to target my MP. *Tony Blair is actually the member of parliament for the adjacent constituency of Sedgefield!

Best wishes...Rik

#83275 - 12/27/05 12:59 AM Re: Debate at Westminster
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Kirk - by all means, show your MP what I have written here, or any of my postings!

Best wishes...Rik

This year I will be The Phoenix!!!

#83276 - 12/31/05 12:50 PM Re: Debate at Westminster
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

It looks as though we have another Tory MP on board that now makes five.

Kirk

#83277 - 01/01/06 02:00 AM Re: Debate at Westminster
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Kirk
I know that you're one of lifes 'doers' - and I'm just full of admiration for what you do.

Survivors seem to find a new use for the energy we used for 'surviving' - you use yours well, thanks for all your efforts.

Dave

#83278 - 01/07/06 12:01 PM Re: Debate at Westminster
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just thought I would let you all know so far we have 25 Tory MPs on board and they are not even back at Westminster till next week.

Kirk

#83279 - 01/10/06 06:08 PM Re: Debate at Westminster
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

We now have 39 MP's 34 Tory and 5 Labour.

Still need everyone to contact their local MP's because of parliamentary protocol MP's in other constituencies are not allowed to act for those outside their area. I suspect that these MPs have not read my emails properly as I am not asking for their support for me rather support for the debate that my MP has tabled.

Your local MP can be contacted by clicking on the link below:

http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/area/uk/mps.htm

Kirk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.