Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63113 Topics
441368 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83236 - 12/18/05 09:36 PM Sexual awakening aged 9yo
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
This documentary due to be broadcast in the UK, features a 9yo girl preteen with awakening sexuality.

I think that these programs are ill thought out, and the program makers should be brought to realise the message that can be misunderstood, by some in society.

Quote:
The Observer has seen the film. To some it will be a sweet and tender portrayal of childhood love, while others will rage against the increasingly sexualised world in which children grow up.

Laura-Anne is shown massaging 11-year-old Steven Hilland while he watches TV and eats crisps. Asked later about the scene, she tilts her head coquettishly and says: 'Sometimes I dig my nails in and scratch him hard.'
Now then, who would get any ideas from watching this on TV?

Hmmm, I wonder. Full article;

Here

#83237 - 12/19/05 02:06 PM Re: Sexual awakening aged 9yo
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
All the children said they had their first 'proper kiss with tongues' when they were six or seven.
6 or 7?? Somehow I don't think so.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#83238 - 12/20/05 10:26 AM Re: Sexual awakening aged 9yo
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I am especially concerned at the way these kids have been used and exploited for the purposes of this documentary. The Observer article explicitly mentions that the children feel embarrassed now that they see the whole world can watch what they were getting up to, or what they were encouraged to get up to.

The makers of the film are opportunists and sensationalists so far as I can see, but that's not who I would blame. Where the hell are the parents?

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83239 - 12/20/05 11:16 PM Re: Sexual awakening aged 9yo
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Larry,

you as a former journalist must have saw the antics of these film crews.

A friend of mine from south africa told me that the acclaimed documentary world in action were filming kids, and they were supposed to be starving, and in order to get the best shot, they threw a whole load of money into a rubbish bin, so that the kids could be filmed fighting to get their hands in the bin.

shame

#83240 - 12/20/05 11:38 PM Re: Sexual awakening aged 9yo
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

That's true. When I was covering the Lebanese civil war in the mid-70s, the Western journalists needed pics of the "action" but came to us (I worked for an Arabic newspaper) and asked us could we guarantee their safety!! In a civil war!!

When we said yeah right, they would shoot whatever they could get. One famous pic of a landrover full of teenaged militia and a big machine gun bore the caption: "Muslim gunmen in action in central Beirut." The kids on the jeep were paid by the journalists to let loose into the sea. The picture is printed backwards, and the logo on the landrover is reversed. The gunmen were kids tricked into fighting for the militias of local warlords. The militia was secular, not Muslim.

The only thing correct about the photo was that it was shot in Beirut during the war.

But the photo team got a pic. Everyone got paid and everyone was happy.

Except for the kids and their families. More than half of the teenagers in my neighborhood were killed in that war.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.