Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (JW1230, blockade, GT13568, Obi, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63551 Topics
444008 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83211 - 11/08/05 05:59 PM The Montel Show today - TRIGGERS
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I just finished watching the Montel show just a little bit ago

Today he had 3 out of a family of 16 children on the show who had all been physicaly and mentaly abused by their mother (some for over 36 years) - it was a very hard show for me to watch (cause of the physical and mental abuse by my own mom - although I don't consider mine to be on the scale of what theirs was by a long shot) - this mother kept them all locked in their rooms - did'nt feed them for days - beat them unmercifully - ect...

I had tears streaming out of my eyes through a lot of the show

Dave Pelzer was also on the show (man's like a hero to me - I've read all of his books)

It is good to see that the silence of such things is slowly being broken - and it is also sad to know that there is so much abuse still going on behind closed doors

When ever will local, state and federal government ever do something to change what is so very clearly NOT a small problem?

How many more children have to die because of abuse in the home? (they say that the rate is over 4 a day)

I went to Montell's website to make a few comments on todays show (there was no link yet to make comments directly to todays show - will have to try again later)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#83212 - 11/16/05 05:08 PM Re: The Montel Show today - TRIGGERS
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I want those three books by Pelzer. I've read excerpts online.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.