Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
2 registered (kcinohio, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443326 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83174 - 10/22/05 03:43 AM Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Former MaleSurvivor President and author Dr. Richard Gartner, along with MaleSurvivor board member/survivor Curtis St. John will be guests Wednesday night October 26th on WOR’s Joey Reynolds Show. The show is broadcast 1 am Eastern on AM-710 in New York City as well as coast to coast and Canada on the WOR Radio Network.

Break out the coffee, listen in, and lend your support by telling your friends and colleagues about this broadcast! We are going to reach into the shadows where men have been stigmatized into silence and give them a voice.

Again, that’s The Joey Reynolds Show, Wednesday night October 26 on the WOR Radio Network!

#83175 - 10/22/05 12:56 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
**UPDATED 10/22 610pm Eastern**
Boy am I glad that Wednesday is the morning I go in late. I'll be listening.

Stations that Joey Reynolds Airs on:
(Check station website for times)

920 AM WMEL Melbourne, FL
1200 AM WAGE Leesburg, VA (Wash DC Area)
1520 AM WWKB Buffalo, NY
570 AM WDNZ Raliegh, NC
620 AM WDNC Durham, NC
1150 AM WMRD Middletown, CT
1420 AM WLIS Old Saybrook, CT
600 AM KTBB Tyler, TX (Runs 4am-8am)
1360 AM WDRC Hartford, CT
910 AM WPFB Middletown, OH (Dayton, OH)
1280 AM WEIM Fitchburg, MA
1430 AM WLKF Lakeland, FL
1070 AM WINA Charlottesville, VA
850 AM WTAR Norfolk, VA
1250 AM WHNZ Tampa, FL
1470 AM WMMW Meriden, CT
1240 AM WWCO Waterbury, CT
610 AM WSNG Torrington, CT
1390 AM WFBL Syracuse, NY
1340 AM WSTV Steubenville, OH (Wheeling, WV Area)
1290 AM WOMP Bellaire, OH
1500 AM WGEN Geneseo, IL
1420 AM WACK Newark, NY (Rochester Area)
1380 AM WPHM Port Huron, MI
1240 AM KNRY Monterey, CA (San Jose area)
1090 AM WTNK Hartsville, TN
1450 AM WWSC Glens Falls, NY
910 AM WSBA York, PA

Online Streams
WOR New York, NY-http://www.nj.com/wor/
WSBA York, PA-http://www.wsba910.com/listen.html

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#83176 - 10/22/05 01:48 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Is it available on the net?

Kirk

#83177 - 10/22/05 02:03 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, oops forgot to mention that.

http://www.wor710.com/listen.shtml

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#83178 - 10/22/05 06:58 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Hey Jason, thanks for that research! But just so we're clear, that would be Wednesday night/Thursday morning... 6am Thursday for you Kirk if I have my math right ;\)

Thanks for setting aside the time, even if only you guys listened it would be worth it.

Cheers!

#83179 - 10/22/05 11:17 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Damn, and I thought it was the perfect day. I'll still be listening anyway.

#83180 - 10/23/05 01:44 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, that's group night and that gives me time to check out when we would get it here.

Thanks for the heads up.

David

#83181 - 10/24/05 01:45 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
OMG! I need to change the title of the thread to 'get up early' cuz the producer now says our segment will be between 3 and 5am (Thursday)!

Set up the tape recorder J!

I don't mind though, we'll get all those guys who can't sleep!

#83182 - 10/25/05 04:15 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

You know I was thinking that the other day, or maybe you'll get the people who work the "third shift" (9pm-5am) because they don't like being around people. I know I tend to isolate myself, its alot more work for me to use the self-checkout at the grocery store especially with everything I buy but hey it means I don't have to interact with anybody.

Either way, your doing what you can to get the word out and I think thats great.

#83183 - 10/27/05 06:06 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
I just got in from taping the show. It was great meeting Curtis at last, and Joey is a very special guy, very upfront about being a survivor. We mentione MS and the wb site a number of times -- perhaps there will be new lurkers and posters because of the publicity.

I'd like to hear what people think of the show. It's followup to one I did with him in June.

Richard

#83184 - 10/27/05 08:13 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

This better be good. I hope I didn't wake up at 3am for nothing \:D

#83185 - 10/27/05 10:01 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Dude! I think we got bumped!

unless they did it earlier in the show! I spent the day at work, paid to get to the city... and now I've been up all night and have to go to work!

Jeez!

edit:

the producer says they may use it tomorrow, and When I mentioned that the whole campus where I work got an email etc, she said "that's the nature of radio."

which is true... but it still stinks.

#83186 - 10/27/05 12:22 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

God dammit, that sucks, what are you filler? Joey being a survivor and all he must really give a crap. As a survivor, whats more important, giving the Amazing Kreskin more time to plug his date at the Kawanis club or getting the word out?.

I;m going to tape the show tommorrow, if it doesn't air then, I'm firing off a nasty email.

#83187 - 10/27/05 05:45 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Curtis,

I worked as a journalist years ago and as an academic I have given interviews on various subjects (academic themes, never CSA). I got bumped a few times as well and always complained, but yes, the excuse is always something like "That's the press" or "That's TV".

I now tell media reps that unless they are prepared to tell me that what I am doing will actually be used as they have informed me, they can forget it.

The problem is, I know, that even a possibility of getting the word out on CSA and MS is worth the time and effort. I'm so grateful to you for taking all that time for it.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83188 - 10/27/05 09:16 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, good idea to tape it. I don't think that we get it out here, so if you tape it, maybe you can share it, somehow.

David

PS Sorry, I forgot to add my, "Thank you," as well.

#83189 - 10/27/05 09:20 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Oh I know, it was only after all that and having to go to work ... it stung a bit.
Richard says that they plan on running it tomorrow morning around 4am (28th). They needed to trim it but they wanted to do it right.

I'm listening to the CD recording and it sounds pretty good.

thanks guys.

PS after I made that post up there I took a nap 7-7:30 in the morning... I guess I just don't have that college kid rebound anymmore. \:\)

#83190 - 10/28/05 03:05 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just an update

It didn't run last night, atleast not between 3am-5am when I was listening. Since he told Richard it would air at 4am, I can only surmise that it didn't air. I'm going to give Joey the benefit of the doubt that something went wrong but my patience is wearing kind of thin.

#83191 - 10/29/05 02:58 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Joey sent me an email himself on Thursday to say it would run Thursday night (Friday morning), and that they hadn't run it because it had to be edited since we went over time. He had said at the taping that he wanted the right person to do the editing because he really liked the show and didn't want it chopped up. So I was not altogether surprised when I got that email. I'm not sure why it didn't run the next night, though. I've emailed him but so far have not gotten a response. I hope it will still run, since there is nothing especially time-sensitive about the show. I don't know what else to say. I doubt it was his decision not to air it, and he has volunteered to speak at the next MS conference. If you guys email him it would be a good idea to approach things positively.

#83192 - 10/29/05 03:13 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, I guess in the heat of the moment I may have over reacted a bit. Its just frustrating, society silences us, so every chance that we get to speak is an important one. Now that I know a little more (Joey saying that he wanted the right person to edit it and volunteering to speak at the MS conference), I can believe that he is indeed interested and that it will air.

#83193 - 11/13/06 06:25 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
We're going to give this another shot!

If all goes as expected Richard and I should be on the air LIVE this time @ 1am Friday.

So to be clear, that's late Thursday night early Friday morning @ 1am.

We'll see if we can finally make this happen... but I'm not going to promise anything... you all stay up at your own risk! :rolleyes:

#83194 - 11/13/06 07:31 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Maybe I can get it on rewind or something, because it will be 7am where I am

ste

#83195 - 11/14/06 03:13 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
sis Offline

Loc: Arizona
THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! i hope that the show airs and that if only one survivor can get help it is worth the frustration. light and luv,sis

#83196 - 11/15/06 01:52 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the heads-up Curtis. We don't get that show here in the great Northwest, but I did a little sleuthing and found a "listen live" link so anyone can listen via their computer.

Richard and Curtis on the Joey Reynolds show

Sooo... If you do the math properly for your timezone you should be able to click this link and when the page loads click the "Listen Live" link in the left column and listen to Richard and Curtis live.

It looks to me like there is also the possibility of listening to the show via refeeds of the streaming audio on demand after the show is over, but I haven't investigated to be sure.

Lots of love,

John

#83197 - 11/15/06 02:26 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

More Stations

99.7FN WNTK New London, NH
590AM WROW Albany, NY
850AM WFTL W. Palm Beach, FL
106.3FM KAGM Los Lunas,NM

Check station websites for times

#83198 - 11/17/06 02:20 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Thanks you guys!

I got a call a little while ago to confirm again and the only scary thing right now is the weather here in NY and that I have to drive into Manhattan in the dark and the rain when I'm usually a train rider.

That was the problem with the live segment of the show... we don't get out till after the trains stop running out of Grand Central.

Well so far We're on target for tonight!

#83199 - 11/17/06 04:12 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

I better not stay up again to have you bumped LOL

#83200 - 11/17/06 12:44 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Well did anyone hear us????

We had a great time doing the show although the ride home was quiet @ 3am I'm proud to say I didn't hit a deer or fall asleep.

My wife said we sounded good and she was right when she says you never know where Joey is going to take the conversation...

We were invited not to wait a year before we booked again and that we should get a few of us together for the show when it comes time for the NYC conference.

and for the record I'm not one of Richard's patients ;\) ... that was funny.

#83201 - 11/17/06 06:27 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

I heard you. The interview went well, especially after the first segment was over. The only bad thing about the show, was what was the guy who ran the school in Mt. Vernon doing there. Hopefully next time, it will be just you and Richard.

Jason

#83202 - 11/21/06 05:55 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Thanks J! that's one person and if there was one then that's good enough for me.

I think that guy was one of Joey's friends who was hanging out that night, he was still on while I was driving home! And he is the brother of the famous athlete Captain Lou Albano!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.