Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (dan_in_newengland, JayBro, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444207 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83184 - 10/27/05 08:13 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
This better be good. I hope I didn't wake up at 3am for nothing \:D

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#83185 - 10/27/05 10:01 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Dude! I think we got bumped!

unless they did it earlier in the show! I spent the day at work, paid to get to the city... and now I've been up all night and have to go to work!

Jeez!

edit:

the producer says they may use it tomorrow, and When I mentioned that the whole campus where I work got an email etc, she said "that's the nature of radio."

which is true... but it still stinks.

#83186 - 10/27/05 12:22 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

God dammit, that sucks, what are you filler? Joey being a survivor and all he must really give a crap. As a survivor, whats more important, giving the Amazing Kreskin more time to plug his date at the Kawanis club or getting the word out?.

I;m going to tape the show tommorrow, if it doesn't air then, I'm firing off a nasty email.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#83187 - 10/27/05 05:45 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Curtis,

I worked as a journalist years ago and as an academic I have given interviews on various subjects (academic themes, never CSA). I got bumped a few times as well and always complained, but yes, the excuse is always something like "That's the press" or "That's TV".

I now tell media reps that unless they are prepared to tell me that what I am doing will actually be used as they have informed me, they can forget it.

The problem is, I know, that even a possibility of getting the word out on CSA and MS is worth the time and effort. I'm so grateful to you for taking all that time for it.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83188 - 10/27/05 09:16 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, good idea to tape it. I don't think that we get it out here, so if you tape it, maybe you can share it, somehow.

David

PS Sorry, I forgot to add my, "Thank you," as well.

#83189 - 10/27/05 09:20 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Oh I know, it was only after all that and having to go to work ... it stung a bit.
Richard says that they plan on running it tomorrow morning around 4am (28th). They needed to trim it but they wanted to do it right.

I'm listening to the CD recording and it sounds pretty good.

thanks guys.

PS after I made that post up there I took a nap 7-7:30 in the morning... I guess I just don't have that college kid rebound anymmore. \:\)

#83190 - 10/28/05 03:05 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just an update

It didn't run last night, atleast not between 3am-5am when I was listening. Since he told Richard it would air at 4am, I can only surmise that it didn't air. I'm going to give Joey the benefit of the doubt that something went wrong but my patience is wearing kind of thin.

#83191 - 10/29/05 02:58 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Joey sent me an email himself on Thursday to say it would run Thursday night (Friday morning), and that they hadn't run it because it had to be edited since we went over time. He had said at the taping that he wanted the right person to do the editing because he really liked the show and didn't want it chopped up. So I was not altogether surprised when I got that email. I'm not sure why it didn't run the next night, though. I've emailed him but so far have not gotten a response. I hope it will still run, since there is nothing especially time-sensitive about the show. I don't know what else to say. I doubt it was his decision not to air it, and he has volunteered to speak at the next MS conference. If you guys email him it would be a good idea to approach things positively.

#83192 - 10/29/05 03:13 AM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, I guess in the heat of the moment I may have over reacted a bit. Its just frustrating, society silences us, so every chance that we get to speak is an important one. Now that I know a little more (Joey saying that he wanted the right person to edit it and volunteering to speak at the MS conference), I can believe that he is indeed interested and that it will air.

#83193 - 11/13/06 06:25 PM Re: Save the date and stay up late... I mean Get up early!
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
We're going to give this another shot!

If all goes as expected Richard and I should be on the air LIVE this time @ 1am Friday.

So to be clear, that's late Thursday night early Friday morning @ 1am.

We'll see if we can finally make this happen... but I'm not going to promise anything... you all stay up at your own risk! :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.