Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (myrlin), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83168 - 10/21/05 03:21 PM To all British members of MS
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Hi guys

A very good friend of mine is having a legal battle with Wirral Social Services, some of you may have heard of her. Her name is Shy Kennan and she runs the Phoenix SA Survivors site, she single handedly has been responsable for a number of "increases in sentance" for some of our most prolific perps. But now she needs some support herself. I have been talking to Shy daily over the last few weeks and have been informed that she is making progress for recognition of Survivors of CSA in parliament. She has found a good ally in Bernard Jenkin MP and so I contacted him with regards Shy's fight with Wirral Social Services offering my support. I was not expecting a speedy personal reply. So I was somewhat amazed at opening my email in-box yesterday morning. This is what was in Bernard Jenkin reply to me:

Dear Kirk

Thank you very much for this. I am only just learning about this whole subject. I want to concentrate on getting Shy's case back on the road before taking on the whole establishment. One step at a time - but I appreciate that there must be a lot of desparate people like you out there. I feel strongly about this because I have discovered in adulthood how it was happening to my childhood friends - and we never guessed for a moment.

Shy is a remarkable person.

Best wishes

Yrs

Bernard

Yes this is a serving MP forget the politics for a moment as he is a Conservative Member of Parliament but he is having his eyes opened and just through that above statement shows he no longer has any doubts that CSA does happen. I would imagine that his childhood friends were peers of his within the private education and boarding system.

Still thats not really the point of this message, could I ask you to support Shy in her battle with those that seek to deprive her of justice, this particular battle was featured on "Newsnight" last week and was a follow up to the film produced by "Newsnight" in 2000 entitled "A Family Affair", this film can be viewed in the "Newsnight" archive which can be accessed at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/newsnight25/4182609.stm

When the page loads look in the right hand column headed videos and click on the link marked "S. Kevil - Hidden Child Abuse". That will take you to the documentary but be warned it could prove very triggering.

If you decide to view the video please consider afterwards going to the Phoenix Newsdesk page and there you will find an email link for Bernard Jenkin MP. Please mark your email "In support of Shy Kennan" or words to that effect. If enough of us contact him maybe, just maybe we will see some advances made in our cause.

The Phoenix Newsdesk page can be found here:

http://www.phoenixsurvivors.org/The_Phoenix_Newsdesk.html

You will need to scroll down to find the headline "We Fight On".

Please give your support to Shy as she has helped many, many survivors including me, both male and female of CSA including the guys that were abused by the prolific perp William Goad who got a life sentance.

Thankyou all

Kirk

"Together we can do this"

#83169 - 10/21/05 05:35 PM Re: To all British members of MS
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kirk,

I hope that you're contacting Dave Lloyd...Lloydy, with this. Since he has joined the ranks over there, so to speak, he must have a fairly good network of colleagues. Please PM him with your above announcement.
Good luck and tell them all that the entire site of MS is pulling for them, AND, watching for positive results.

David

#83170 - 10/21/05 06:39 PM Re: To all British members of MS
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Cheers David

I have already contacted Lloydy as he lives up the road from me

#83171 - 10/23/05 12:22 AM Re: To all British members of MS
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Powerful stuff Kirk.

It just proves what we already know from bitter experience, that perps have no regard for any child at all.

Thanks for posting that, more of this kind of reporting needs to be done and shown on mainstream programes ( although Newsnight does have a big following and is very well respected )but this needs to go out early evening when more people will realise that it could be happening in the house next door.

Dave

#83172 - 10/24/05 09:15 PM Re: To all British members of MS
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi

I have just spoken to Shy and she has given me permission to inform you guys of a new section on her Phoenix Survivors website. I feel it is very important.

It is the whole story of her abuse, its ramifications and the fight with Wirral Social Services. This story needs to be heard. On the last page of her account is the recordings she made whilst talking with her step father abuser which later helped convict him, but be warned it is very, very strong and would trigger anyone who has just entered recovery, although it is a very revealing look into the psyche of a serial abuser. The link to "Our Story" is:

http://www.phoenixsurvivors.com/Our_Story_1.html

The mods and directors please note that there is now a permanent link to MaleSurvivor from Phoenix Survivors and that can be found here:

http://www.phoenixsurvivors.com/Site_index.html

Click on the Survivor sites link

My website (blog) which deals with the sexual abuse of males is also here and that is titled "Male R*pe Happens".

If you decide to read and listen to the recordings please make sure you are in an emotionally strong state of mind.

Kirk

#83173 - 10/25/05 05:06 AM Re: To all British members of MS
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
wow
Kirk congratulations -

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.