Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Tiger1982, wollensak, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447708 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83110 - 08/09/05 05:30 PM Too little, too late
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
If these two are of such upstanding moral character, why didn't they stand up for truth when it really counted? There's also a remark one of them makes that really torques me off, because it displays a total lack of understanding of how perps create their SA "relationships".

Truth, justice, and the blah, blah, blah. Yeah, right.

--------------------
The Associated Press
Updated: 9:23 a.m. ET Aug. 9, 2005

LOS ANGELES - Two jurors in the Michael Jackson trial say they now regret voting to acquit the singer of child molestation charges.....

Eleanor Cook and Ray Hultman revealed in a televised interview that they believed the singer’s young accuser was sexually assaulted.

“No doubt in my mind whatsoever, that boy was molested, and I also think he enjoyed to some degree being Michael Jackson’s toy,” Cook said on MSNBC’s “Rita Cosby: Live and Direct.”

Their comments will have no bearing on the verdict, which prosecutors cannot appeal.

Cosby asked Cook if the other jurors will be angry with her.

“They can be as angry as they want to. They ought to be ashamed. They’re the ones that let a pedophile go,” responded Cook, 79.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
© 2005 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8880663/

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#83111 - 08/09/05 06:42 PM Re: Too little, too late
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Michael,

Here is what jumped right off the page at me when I saw this:

Quote:
I also think he enjoyed to some degree being Michael Jackson’s toy.
This shows, more than anything else I have seen, that the prosecution either 1) made no effort to educate the jury about the realities of CSA, or 2) knew nothing about these realities themselves, or 3) most likely - both of these problems. Otherwise, how could a juror come away from the trial and still be thinking that a young teenager getting pawed and groped by a freakshow like MJ is somehow about the kid "enjoying" it?

Grrrrrrrrr,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#83113 - 08/20/05 03:44 AM Re: Too little, too late
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Yeah know what? The world shouldn't even know that name. It should be Gavin Arvizo? Who? Where is the media's integrity? He's under 18 and the victim of a crime. Some outlets understood this (until Jackson was aquitted and then suddenly he was fair game), some of them put the name out there with no regard for what it might do to this kid. Others like Fox News, where ballsy enough to only reveal the kids first name BUT REVEALED THE MOTHERS FULL NAME. Like no one could put that together. I especially hated when the jurors did it after the trial, you acquit this bastard and then you out the victim. Why don't you just molest the kid yourself?

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.