Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, don64, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443246 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83092 - 07/27/05 07:53 PM This made me sick triggrs
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Have a look at this BBC article, it made me sick,

BBC CSA in France

#83093 - 07/30/05 01:10 AM Re: This made me sick triggrs
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
And the sad thing is this horrific case hasn't merited ONE mention in any newspaper I've read, or on any TV news that I've seen.

Is this kind of thing just considered 'ordinary' now?

Dave

#83094 - 07/30/05 08:29 PM Re: This made me sick triggrs
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Dave, but wasnt it always considered "ordinary"?

Here is another nightmare to hit the streets of the UK, its called passing the buck.

Low risk, hahaha.

web page

#83095 - 07/30/05 08:57 PM Re: This made me sick triggrs
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Dave

As you know I follow this sort of thing very closely, the case and conviction got some but not a lot of coverage from the UK media, the thing that shocked me was the French are now going to make in*est a criminal offence.

I have been doing quite a lot of research just lately as there is a possibilty of me featuring on a CSA special on BBC Radio Five Live in the near future. I was told this by Radio Five's Victoria Derbyshire's producer who rang me to apologise about the programme on King. I think he got a bit of a bollocking from his bosses (of which there are many in the BBC). He said "I hope it didnt upset you"?, I replied "no not in Kings case as I have gotten used to his mindset and rhetoric" I added "what did upset me though was the lack of time given to survivors". Thats when he told me of this very proberble programme so if anyone wants to take part let me know.

Do I really want to be partner to a country who is only now going to change the law of in*est? Bloody hell Spain is next door and their legal age of consent is 13. I think you know my views on the European Union anyway.

Kirk
"Instigate change, as it appears it wont come naturally in our cause. Sometimes it needs a little forcing".

#83096 - 07/30/05 11:55 PM Re: This made me sick triggrs
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Ste
yes, bring em all in, we don't care!

Until they offend again, then all we hear is excises.......

Dave

#83097 - 07/31/05 03:43 PM Re: This made me sick triggrs
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
I want to react on this case by making a few points :

Concerning the Anger trial, this is the very first time abusers get sentenced so heavily as regarding sexual abuse and pedophile networks. This is a major breathrough. I have read today that the judge took the time to explain the verdict to the children, stressing that they were victims. Yes, this judge had compassion and cared for the well being of the children.

I work with people who have been working for one year on the new proposal to change the law.
The insert of the specific crime of "incest" in the criminal code is a MAJOR change in the way our society views incest. This society has closed its eyes for so many decades on this crime in the name of a certain Catholic tradition which present the father as almighty and the family as sacred !
Also, in our current procedures, victims, whether adults or children, have to PROVE that they did not consent to the sexual encounter.
This is a complete nonsense in terms of children especially when they have been abused by family members they trusted, when they have been manipulated or simply when they were too young to even speak !
The government is reluctant to change the law but victims organizations are putting pressure for this change to go forward. I totally agree with this new law and I really hope it will be passed.
People need also to recognize the specific damaging impacts of sexual abuse perpetrated by family members and its consequences when the victim is finally able to denounce them.
Kirk Wayne, please reread carefully the material you accessed before making such a strong judgement.
I am the first one to get angry and frustrated with my own country but in this case, this is a major step forward !
Thank you

#83098 - 07/31/05 06:41 PM Re: This made me sick triggrs
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Caetel

"Kirk Wayne, please reread carefully the material you accessed before making such a strong judgement".

I apologise if my comments were wrong

"The insert of the specific crime of "incest" in the criminal code is a MAJOR change in the way our society views incest".

How does your society view in*cest at the moment?

"The government is reluctant to change the law"

So is ours in the UK and you have to ask the question why?

Best wishes

Kirk
"Instigate change, as it appears it wont come naturally in our cause. Sometimes it needs a little forcing".

#83099 - 08/02/05 12:59 PM Re: This made me sick triggrs
Caetel Offline

Hey !
Our society views on incest is: incest does not exist and if it exists it is only in poor families with alcoholic fathers !
Our current government is very conservative and the age of the ministres is way passed 50.
I guess the other problem is that recognizing the issue means this is going to require action from the government in different areas especially within the health services and the failing protection services and this is going to cost money as well as turmoil.
The change of law is also a threat to the way the judicial system works and nobody want to be responsible for changing a criminal code that has been in use since Napoleon and initiate a thinking process about the general situation this system and of the prisons, an explosive issue in France. Our prisons are overcrowded so the politicians are scared that if they are more condemnation of sexual offenders they will need more space for them in prison !
The situation is really complex but it always come down to money ! We need to continue our work as activists and professionals. These things take time.
Best wishes
Caro

#83100 - 08/02/05 04:05 PM Re: This made me sick triggrs
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Are not the French at the forefront with regard Chemical Castration?

"We need to continue our work as activists" Could not agree with you more Caetel.

Kirk

#83101 - 08/02/05 09:17 PM Re: This made me sick triggrs
Caetel Offline

Thanks Kirk for your message which allows me to react on this issue:
In France, chemical castration is just a huge screen of smoke that resolves nothing and it is another "coup mediatique" (media propaganda) that doesn't solve a thing !
Big budget are spent on that but it doen't solve the problem of the majority of abusers come clean of trials due to the judicial system and the fact that pedophilia isn't a decease like the chicken pox ! Most offenders are not sex crazy and they will abuse in other way (like fondling) because the chemicals will stop them physically but not mentally (fantasies).
Plus, where are the budgets to help survivors ????
Caro very pissed off at her government right now !

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.