Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (JW1230, dan_in_newengland, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#83086 - 07/12/05 03:03 PM Jonathan King refused appeal
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
King loses bid over appeal refusal

Pop mogul Jonathan King, who was jailed for sexually abusing boys, has failed to win permission to challenge a decision not to refer his case to the Court of Appeal.

King, 60, served half of a seven-year sentence imposed at the Old Bailey in November 2001.

The jury heard that the Cambridge-educated impresario lured boys as young as 14 to his home in Bayswater, London, in the '80s and plied them with alcohol and presents before assaulting them.

He was refused leave to appeal against both his conviction and sentence and has since unsuccessfully asked the Criminal Cases Review Commission to refer his case.

His lawyers claimed the conviction was unlawful on a technicality in that the Director of Public Prosecutions did not consent to the prosecution.

His QC, Orlando Pownall, told Lord Justice Kennedy and Mr Justice Walker at London's High Court that the CCRC's decision not to refer was unreasonable and irrational as there was no evidence of any written consent. He argued that an initialled entry on a court file to that effect was insufficient.

Dismissing King's application for permission to bring a judicial review, Mr Justice Walker said all that was required was that consent had been given and not that it be given in writing or evidenced in any particular way.

There was "plain evidence" that the DPP had consented and he was satisfied that the case had no reasonable prospect of success.

Afterwards, King, who was not in court, said in a statement that he was "totally, 100% innocent".

He added: "The courts are entitled to declare me legally guilty of crimes I did not commit but that doesn't make it true. I shall continue to fight to prove my innocence."

Im as happy as a pig in s*it.

It is going to cost him a fortune to take it to the European Court of Human Rights

Kirk

#83087 - 07/12/05 06:02 PM Re: Jonathan King refused appeal
SAR Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I'm happy for you Kirk \:\)

#83088 - 08/02/05 07:48 PM Re: Jonathan King refused appeal
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I wish they let him appeal and the sentence was too light, so they bang him inside again.
He liked it so much in prison, he should still be there.

The World would be a safer place,

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.