Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, focusedbody), 63 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63114 Topics
441377 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82963 - 04/01/05 03:39 PM A little gathering in Ireland
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Hey ! I have told you I attended the first male survivor in Ireland which was organized by MASC in Galway (Western coast of Ireland)last September.
I am going back there on 14th-15th of April and the guys whom I met at the conference have organized a little get together on the evening of the 14th (there's also an Norwegian survivor coming and other guys from the rest of Ireland). This is going to be a friendly informal evening at a restaurant...("..." meaning for me a great pint of Guiness \:\) )
If you are interested to join, don't hesitate to contact me. I am SO much looking forward to this trip. \:D

#82964 - 04/02/05 12:49 AM Re: A little gathering in Ireland
SteveB Offline

Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi

I was also there last year, with Mike Lew, and emjoyed the whole weekend

Give my love to all and say a huge hi to Jimmy for me, because I'm also away that weekend, speaking at a conference, otherwise I'd have popped over

Steve
Survivors Swindon

#82965 - 04/02/05 06:02 AM Re: A little gathering in Ireland
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Glad you had a chance to attend one of Mike Lew's conferences. He's a great guy and provides fantastic opportunities to open up and heal. I also understand the comeraderie that grows among those who participate. I was fortunate to be at Kirkridge (Pa) last August and really enjoyed the opportunity to share and grow in my recovery!! Please say HI! to Mike when you see him!! Did you know that Ken Singer did them before Mike Lew was invited to continue them?

Howard

#82966 - 04/02/05 10:01 PM Re: A little gathering in Ireland
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Dear Steve and Howard

I will convey your regards to Jimmy who is just fantastic, doing incredible work without much funding. I am in contact with Mike but I might not see him until the autumn since he is in Florida these days for a workshop and then travelling to New Zealand running a workshop for survivors and training some professionals. But I will forward your regards by mail.
The more I travel the world to meet activist, survivors and professionals, the more I realise there are truly wonderful individuals who dedicate their lives to helping survivors. Mike and Jimmy are one of these but I could give you so many other names. The network is growing and there is an amazing strength emerging from all this. Our worst enemy is silence, breaking the silence makes us stronger every day.
AMANDLA !!!! (South African zulu chanting meaning strength and power \:\) )

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.