Newest Members
uvagrad4, cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X.
12497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (lapchinj, Bluedogone), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12497 Members
74 Forums
64172 Topics
447804 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82887 - 01/04/05 03:28 PM BBC Radio Five Phone In
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi I have just finished my morning entry in my journal (one of my obessions) that has proved very handy in the past. This is what I have written so far today;

Tuesday 04/01/2005

Slept well again and woke relatively dry. I had no idea what was going to happen this morning to say it was to be interesting at the very least would be slightly understated.

Got up at around a quarter to nine came in here. Put Radio Five “Live” on as I always turn that on before booting up my PC. Whilst having a shower and shave The Phone-In presenter Richard Bacon announced that Mary Marsh, the chief executive of the NSPCC(National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) was to be interviewed around eleven o’clock.

I took it into my head to call Five “Live” and made the call. I was asked what I would like to ask Mary Marsh? I replied , “I am a survivor of a paedophile ring and rent boy and would like to talk to Mary Marsh with regard Child Protection issues”. “Great” the researcher said but promptly apologized when she realised what she had said. The researcher then said “they will call you if they want to speak to you”. “Will they need my number”? I asked, “no they will have that come up on their screens”. Ok thanks and put the phone down.

I set about a>

#82888 - 01/04/05 07:57 PM Re: BBC Radio Five Phone In
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Could it be that they hope it will just go away. I would like to hope not.

I am unclear but if this guy was a radio 1 dj would that make him an employee of the BBC. I am not familiar with Radio 1 as a term. Seems to me that this is an area that is particularly painful and dangerouse for the BBC.

What you did was a very good thing. Like you I have come up against the beaurocracy of fear.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#82889 - 01/04/05 08:53 PM Re: BBC Radio Five Phone In
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Mike

BBC Radio One was formed in the mid sixties employing a lot of Ex pirate radio dj's stations like Radio Luxembourg, Radio London and Radio Caroline the list goes on.

Chris Denning came off of one of those pirate stations to Radio One that replaced the old light programme here in the UK.

Radio One WAS the station to listen to with regards popular music, Denning was one of the original line up. Oh he was definately employeed by the BBC, then Bell Records (when I was introduced to him) and finally UK records which was headed by the most well known of my abusers.

Hope that helps answer the question.

I will now talk to anyone about my past abuse I am no longer a slave to shame and guilt. And it backs up my theory that the ordinary Joe on the street will not want to engage you in such a conversation, but it dont half make me feel good.

Radio Five is the sports and news staion of the BBC

Archnut aka Dan

#82890 - 01/04/05 11:30 PM Re: BBC Radio Five Phone In
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Dan, guess what? The link is dead.
I wonder why?

Your guess is as good as mine!

DAMAGE

take care,

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.