Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63409 Topics
443332 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#82866 - 12/21/04 01:14 AM Brave new schools...
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
The Tip of the iceberg just floated up.

#82867 - 12/21/04 03:55 PM Re: Brave new schools...
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Some say that each has 117 victims average. Talk about brazen! Right there in the school!

#82868 - 12/21/04 07:40 PM Re: Brave new schools...
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Let's hope that this kid gets what he needs. My therapist says that all a kid needs sometimes is to hear that it's not his fault. This boy may need more than that.
Maybe I'll try to contact the lawyer to see if she'll pass our name along to the family.

Peace,

David

#82869 - 12/21/04 08:02 PM Re: Brave new schools...
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Yup, I know someone in the field that works with kids and adults who says abuse is like a splinter, the sooner you pull it, the easier it is to heal the wound. The longer you leave it in the more it gets infected. As we all know.

#82870 - 12/21/04 08:29 PM Re: Brave new schools...
Ivanhoe Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, MrE,

I just sent this to Ms. Santa Maria:

Dear Ms. Santa Maria,

One of our members saw an article which described you as being hired by a boy who has been allegedly sexually abused by one of his teachers. My name is David Niederloh and I am a survivor of a teacher having sexually abused me. I am also a board member of Male Survivor, which is an organization made up of male survivors of childhood sexual abuse--CSA. We know how important it is for men and boys like us to know that they are not alone. While your client may not be inclined to use our site, MaleSurvivor.org, you or his parents may find our site helpful and useful. The least that we do for one another, besides our 15 year history of conferences and retreats, is to be supportive to one another.
Good luck to you, and if any of our professionals can be of help to you, please let us know.

Sincerely,

David N

Maybe we could get her for a board member...naw, she'd never leave Florida...I hear that's it 75* and sunny down there, today.

#82871 - 12/21/04 08:42 PM Re: Brave new schools...
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Cool! let us know if you hear from her!

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.